Our client is one of the world leading manufacturers of CNC machinery for use in the wood manufacturing sector and due to their continued expansion Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Field Service Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for CNC Maintenance service and repair activities at client sites throughout the south west UK. The Role:
Reporting to the service manager you will be responsible for CNC machine maintenance, service, repair and some installation activities.
Duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- Installation, maintenance, service and repair of 3 axis, 4 axis and 5 axis CNC machines
Mechanical maintenance activities will involve the removal and replacement on broken and worn component parts such as chains, sprockets, linear bearings, and ballscrews, planetary gear, rack & pinion, linear guide, guide carriage bearing, spindle motors (DTI for checking level etc.)
- Electrical - 400v/230v/24v AC/DC control. Linear/rotary encoders. Continuity checks / resistance checks etc.
- Controls & plc work
- Welding and fabrication (desired but not essential)
- Providing operational training for customers
The successful candidate will have excellent electrical / mechanical engineering skills - we are seeking 60/40 electrical /mechanical bias engineer.
Ideally holding recognised electrical engineering qualification e.g. HNC, NVQ 3, 18th edition you will be capable in reading schematics and wiring diagrams.
Previous experience in cnc machine maintenance & repair preferred and applicants with previous exposure to cnc woodwork machinery will have advantage however all applicants will be considered.
You will have good plc skills (Siemens) and you will be happy to undertake frequent travel and stay away from home during the week. Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 40 hours + OTBenefits:
- Excellent basic salary negotiable + Overtime + Door to door pay
- Bonus (Gross earnings £45K - £55K)
- Company car, phone, laptop, credit card
- 28 days annual leave
- Private health insurance