A fantastic permanent opportunity is now available for an experienced Generator Engineer based around the Exeter area. Our client is an established name in the generator and power industry working on a range of standby diesel generator sets. Opportunities such as these are very rare to come by as our client boasts an excellent retention rate and a fantastic scope for career progression. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a healthy salary along with excellent overtime and on call rewards as well as other employment benefits. Full product training will be provided to get the successful applicant up to speed.Duties & Responsibilities for a Generator Field Service Engineer:
Skills & Qualification for a Generator Field Service Engineer:
- Maximum functionality and availability of Diesel Engines in the region by fault finding of diesel generators and control panels on customer sites
- All scheduled routine maintenance is carried out to the highest standard and customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
- Technical support is provided to customers to the highest level
- Faults are identified and rectified in line with customer expectations.
- Out of hours callouts are responded to in a timely manner.
In return, the package for the successful candidate will include:
- A minimum of Level 2 or Equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- An excellent understanding of Mechanical and Electrical fault finding (Ideally Mechanically biased with Electrical qualifications)
- Ideally a strong background fault finding, maintaining and repairing Diesel Engines or Generators
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Knowledge of generator control panels such as Deepsea, Woodward, DEIF or Scada would be preferable but not essential
- Salary - £28,000 - £35,000
- Excellent overtime opportunities (Mon-Sat x1 ½ / Sundays x2)
- Pension contribution
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Van, phone, laptop