Here at ParkerSteel we have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Credit Controller to join our busy Credit Control Team at our Canterbury Site. The role is full time, and to provide departmental cover between the hours of 0800 and 1800 on a rota basis. Salaries will be dependent on skills and experience and range from £20,000 to £23,000 excluding overtime.
- Progression opportunities.
- Annual Holiday allowance of 25 days after 2 years (plus 8 days bank holidays), (20 days first 2 years).
- 4 times death in service life assurance
- Pension contributions.
- Overtime opportunities.
ParkerSteel Limited are a processor and distributor of multi metal and engineering tool products to UK industry. Our business objectives are to provide competitive, bespoke quality products and services on a "just in time" basis. We are totally focused on providing a fast and reliable service to our Customers, large and small, to support them in delivering their objectives.
Our staff are the core of our business and are the most valued asset. This is reflected in the way we are continuously investing and supporting our staff to improve their skills through training and development.
This is facilitated through innovation, clear and consistent communication to all stakeholders, and by commitment and effort to deliver value to all.
Credit Controller roles and responsibility include:
- To be responsible for contacting customers by telephone, email, fax or letter in order to obtain payment of debts, and to update the AS400 diary system as necessary.
- Allocation of cash payments to customer accounts / Keep on top of Unallocated Cash.
- Responsible for Order Sanction Screen / Release Of Orders.
- Respond to customer enquiries and queries and inputting the relevant information onto the CS system and making the necessary arrangements to resolve any issues.
- Deal with reviews for Credit Limits via the AS400 system as required.
- To process credit card transactions as required in accordance with the Company Policy.
- Opening credit accounts.
- To review and action credit referred orders in accordance with company procedures.
- To review the Accounts for LBA Processing on the AS400 and add the appropriate notes and diary dates.
- Prepare Accounts that have not paid to terms for Party Debt Collection.
- To have a business like, courteous telephone manner in order that good working relationships may be established with both internal and external customers.
- To provide departmental cover between the hours of 0800 and 1800 on a rota basis.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Required Profile of a Credit Controller:
The role will suit a team worker who is keen to learn and committed within this fast-paced workplace. Experience in construction, factory or a warehouse environment is beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided. Reliability and efficiency are key attributes of the successful applicant.
You will have excellent attention to detail. You will need to be able to work proactively within a team but also have the self-motivation to work alone at times.
- Cash Collection figures are within set targets.
- Month Three and Four balances are within set targets.
- Call Quality and Numbers meet agreed standards.
If you have the requirements listed to become our Credit Controller, please click 'apply' today. We'd love to hear from you!