GRADUATE BEHAVIOUR TEACHING ASSISTANT
Start date - After Easter
Veritas are currently working with a co-ed secondary school based in Hounslow. The school are looking for a dedicated graduate Teaching assistant to be a positive influence & role model for these young students. The candidate will join a large & supportive SEN department within the mainstream school. The school are particularly interested in meeting candidates that have a keen interest in pursuing a career in teaching. The role will involve supporting KS3 and KS4 students in a classroom setting.
The candidate will be supporting SEN students with ASD, ADHD, Dyslexia and also learning and communication difficulties, therefore, an understanding of SEN and an empathetic nature is essential. You will be responsible for improving social skills and also monitoring behaviour. Behaviour management skills are desirable.
The school is located close to various local bus routes and is a short distance from an overground station. There is free parking avilable nearby.Key skills and experience needed:
- Graduate recently from a leading University
- Experience working with children or young adults with SEN
- B or above in maths/ science/ english at A level
- Strong behaviour management
- Professional manner and enthusiastic
- Resilient and patient
If you are interested in working in a great school in a rewarding position, please send your CV to Gemma Yip at Veritas Education.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'