DevOps EngineerLocation: Newcastle upon TyneType: Permanent Salary: £45,000 - £65,000
A leading public sector software development tam are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer
to underpin much of the development function. This team has a variety of large projects
taking place across the next few years that are essential to UK government function. They are looking for an innovative team player who loves working with new and emerging technologies to help guide the DevOps strategy
across this roadmap.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will report into the Software Development Lead and be the key point of contact for DevOps queries. This role involves sourcing repositories, build pipelines and delivery pipelines
over multiple complex systems. You will further provision and maintain their development and test environments. Their build pipelines focus around Ansible and Powershell
scripting deploying into Azure Cloud and vSphere
environments. The software is focussed on modern technologies and they value a moderns approach to collaboration across multiple teams.Key skills required for this role:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing complex development infrastructure in Azure DevOps
- Managing code repositories i.e. Azure DevOps and git
- Designing and maintaining deployment solutions with Octopus
- Developing and maintaining solutions using either Azure Cloud or AWS
- Experience working with Ansible and Powershell.
- Commercial experience developing and maintaining Azure DevOps build and deployment pipelines.
- Skilled in platform de-bugging using industry standard tools.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, Load balancing and Firewalls;
- Working in an Agile environment
- Design and develop simple, maintainable build and delivery pipelines to ensure builds are consistently delivered into our environments with high reliability;
- Support the leadership team in regards to roadmap and strategy for the technical teams
- Work closely across the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the team delivers its commitments;
- Drive delivery of software that has the highest value and address areas of most risk in a timely manner
- Provide subject matter expertise to support decision making and provide input to the annual strategic planning and budgeting cycles
- Drive improvement with yourself, the team and the department through ways of working with more agility and introducing technologies;
- Promote knowledge sharing across the team and department, ensuring that we work as closely and effectively as possible;
To find out more and, please apply ASAP for an initial screening conversation. You must be fully eligible to work in the UK to apply to this position.
- Competitive Annual leave
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Training and progression
- Contributory Pension Scheme