Applications close 18th April 2021
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
EDF Renewables UK ("EDF RUK") is one of the UK's leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind power and battery storage technology. EDF RUK develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other renewable technologies throughout their lifetime. The EDF RUK portfolio of nearly 1,000 MW consists of 36 wind farms - including two offshore wind farms - and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe. In addition, EDF RUK is seeking to deliver further growth from its own development pipeline or though securing new acquisitions of projects and has more than 2GW consented, in planning and development.
In line with our growth plans, we are looking or an experienced Project Management Specialist to join our Central Technical Organisation (CTO) in a newly created position of Lead Project Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Construction, the successful applicant will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and governance of the business project management standards on Core Projects in addition to supplying specialist Project Management Resource.
The primary role of the Lead Project Manager will be to lead the Core Project section of the framework by:
• Being the front face of PMF Core Projects (wind, solar, battery storage etc)
• Ensuring project management governance throughout the business
• Leading and defining the development of the next stages of the framework including implementation programs
• Leading the PMF competency framework and ensuring best practice
• Coordination with Business Improvement function to ensure alignment with PMF Business Improvement Projects
• Coordinating with all parts of the organisation to ensure the framework is fit for purpose
• Promoting the use of PMF and the results best practice produces
• Coordinating with other support functions within the business whom PMF interfaces with
• Ensuring continuous improvement within PMF
• Reporting of PMF progress and status
• Specialist project management support
You will be able to demonstrate excellent management and influencing skills combined with technical insight and advice, either from the renewables or a similar capital intensive industry.
You will have experience in a senior leadership role with an ability to work in and manage activities across a rapidly evolving and growing business.
Whilst navigating easily between a wide range tasks will be integral to this role so will strong analytical skills and a continuous improvement mind set,
• Expert knowledge of Project Management
• Demonstrable experience of project management and implementing project management processes
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Demonstrable experience of working in matrix organisations within a central function
• Knowledge of Project Management software (may be adopted in future iterations of PMF)
• Knowledge and experience of resource management processes and tools
• Accustomed to a fast-paced working environment and working to tight deadlines
• A strong team player who shares the cultural values of the Group of honesty, integrity and cooperation.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Project delivery experience in varied technologies and environments
• General knowledge of Health & Safety and how Project Management Processes can contribute to Health & Safety Culture .
• Demonstrate intelligence, sound judgment, common sense and a mature outlook.
• A formal Project Management qualification, such as PMI, Prince2, APM PMQ or IPMA level D