HMRC is looking for an Application Support Engineer - Contract
This is a REMOTE 6 month initial contract INSIDE IR35
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Telford, Bristol, Southend and Leeds, if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.
We are seeking an experienced Production Support Engineer to work in the Service and Support Production team.
Essential criteria / skills:
· Application Support within 'public cloud' environments, preferably AWS
· Incident & Problem management and resolution (1st/2nd line)
· Usage and support of Cloud based services within the following areas ;
· Ability to champion and mentor internal colleagues
· Managing/Configuring of Production tools
· Ticket management via Jira and Service Now
· Support documentation, incl. asset and configuration management;
Providing input into reporting packs
· Providing input to the development of a modern automated integration platform and defining best practice and standards;
· Testing platforms and products to ensure performance and reliability;
· Performing platform level operations (starting/stopping services, load balancer re-routing, etc.)
· Supporting projects when needed
· Ability to work with 3rd parties and suppliers
· Some WSO2, Job-scheduler, AWS experience would be desirable.