A new, exciting opportunity has come up within our UK Loans Operation team in London. To be successful in this role you would need to have worked within a loan closing role previously.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to work within a dedicated team to provide loan closing services, primarily across the LMA/LSTA platforms, both for primary and secondary loan trades. You will have weekly meetings/calls with the client to review trades' status, to highlight and resolve any settlement issues, and to set priorities for the week ahead.
You will also have extensive interaction with trustees/custodians/administrators/agents together with the India based loan servicing group and other SS&C GlobeOp departments.Department Overview
The Loans Operations team at SS&C is a growing department that offers loans expertise and support to its varied client base. The team is responsible for providing daily loan operational support, end to end, from trade capture, trade closing, relationship management, through to supervision of loan servicing and loan lifecycle events. SS&C GlobeOp clients are engaged in a variety of investment products, including direct lending, syndicated loans, infrastructure loans and CLO's with a heavy focus on the trading of primary and secondary syndicated loans.Responsibilities
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Perform the settlement function, closing primary and secondary loan trades, including review and completion of all funding memos and settlement documentation. Communication of same to all relevant settlement contacts, externally and internally.
- Significant interaction with senior management, SS&C GlobeOp clients, their trading counterparties, agent banks, administrators, custodians, trustees and other SS&C GlobeOp departments relative to loan settlements and the on-going maintenance of the clients positions.
- Development and maintenance of smooth and harmonious SS&C GlobeOp client relationships.
- Development and maintenance of internal SS&C GlobeOp team and department relationships.
- Investigation and resolution of closing and transactional breaks/issues in a timely manner.
- Participation in the daily/weekly preparation and review of trade status and risk reports provided to our clients and senior managers.
- Oversight of loan servicing through weekly checks and daily interaction where applicable.
- Financial services industry experience in Loan Administration/Operations working for a bank, hedge fund, administrator, or prime broker.
- Understanding of loans including trade closing mechanics and economics, LMA/ LSTA market settlement conventions,
- Knowledge of ClearPar, WSO, and Advent Geneva experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Solid client relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment in a productive and supportive manner
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired over 50 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 24,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.Data Privacy NoticeThe provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.