Division: Global Communities (African Commodities) Reports to:
Full-time, permanent roleABOUT HYVE GROUP
Hyve Group plc is a global organiser of trade shows and conferences across different sectors. We run best-in-class events which our attendees consistently describe their experience as amazing, educational, energising, exciting, insightful, inspiring, productive and fun.
Our live events are unprecedented gathering of individuals and companies reshaping how consumers discover, shop and buy. The event provides a platform for buyers and branded manufacturers, start-ups, tech companies, investors, media and analysts to learn, network, collaborate and evolve.
Hyve Group plc acquired Shoptalk in December 2019. This acquisition brought with it a new digital and software platform that we now want to use to bring exhibitors and visitors together at our world-class events, enabling buyers to meet suppliers.
Using technology enabled platforms is at the heart of our strategy to continue to be the next generation global events business whose purpose is to create unmissable events, where customers from all parts of the globe share extraordinary moments and shape industry innovation. ABOUT THE PORTFOLIO
Investing in African Mining Indaba is the world's largest and most prestigious mining investment CONFEX, hosting Heads of State, Government Ministers, C Level Mining Executives and Investors. The event is a world leader and has been the must attend event for the African mining community for over 26 years. The show welcomes over 6,500 delegates, 230 exhibitors and 40 sponsors from over 100 countries across the mining value chain.
Africa Oil Week (AOW), running its 27th edition in 2021, is the market leader for the African upstream industry, bringing together policy makers, operators, service providers and financiers to drive exploration and production activity across the continent. AOW is a premium event that offers a week of networking, learning and showcasing for 2,000 delegates and 100 exhibitors.
Future Energy Series: Africa is a new product being launched in 2021, alongside Africa Oil Week; a conference stream that will focus on the energy transition and the role renewables will play in Africa's future energy mix. This is an exciting new direction for the event and will be central to AOW's growth plans as we move forward.ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of Marketing will take full responsibility for portfolio's marketing strategy and execution, marketing campaign performance, lead generation and contribute to delivering delegate and SPEX revenue. In this role, you will lead and mentor a team of one Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) (direct report), two Marketing Executives (reporting to SMM) and 1 Delegate Registration Manager (direct report). This is both a strategic and hands-on management role that will require initiative, collaboration, creativity and commercial mindset.Key Responsibilities
- Successfully develop and deliver marketing strategy in line with the portfolio's three-year plan, including but not limited to:
- Market research
- Customer personas
- Tactics for each target
- Together with SMM, plan fresh and innovative communications and marketing plans increasing existing customers' engagement and conversion of prospects into new customers.
- Oversee the execution of integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns for each event.
- Leadership, team management and cross-functional collaboration:
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of 4.
- Create opportunities and development plans.
- Ensure the optimal management of marketing resources, the delivery of marketing KPIs across the team as well as for each individual.
- Drive customer-centric culture and nurture commercial mindset across the team - ensure that customer needs and objectives are always at the forefront of marketing team's mind and attention.
- Provide direct support to the Delegate Registration Manager and ensure registration processes are followed by relevant functions across the business.
- Support the Senior Management Team (SMT) and contribute to the long-term strategy of the portfolio.
- Together with the SMT, identify new product development opportunities.
- Work with the central Digital Marketing team (automation, web, PPC) to ensure efficient and effective delivery of digital marketing against the strategic marketing plans.
- Work with the Content Team to create a strong 365 content plan across all channels.
- Work with the Strategic Partnerships team to create and manage the partnership plan (including associations, industry partners, professional bodies & media partners).
- Develop the brand across key global media platforms both online and off. As an ambassador of our brand the role will require someone able to engage with high level individuals and brands and to build relationships with existing ones.
Skills and Experiences required
- Marketing performance review and management, including regular reviews of key campaign metrics, and driving improvements and recovery plans where necessary.
- Data strategy and management, including:
- Robust data plans for all events.
- Assessment of the existing data - cleansing data of unengaged contacts, identify gaps then build relevant segmented data to build/increase market share.
- Plan new data builds and oversee the delivery.
- Budget, financial, business growth and reporting responsibility:
- Manage marketing budget and spend. Responsible for updating the budget tracker, and ensuring this delivers the required commercial results and ROI.
- Drive growth in lead generation, attendance, and revenue.
- Report weekly to the Portfolio Director, updating on event KPI performance vs. target, and full ownership of marketing KPIs.
- Delegate registration function management:
- Oversee the delegate registration processes and systems - suggest improvements where and if relevant.
- Support Delegate Registration Manager in reviewing and designing an improved website customer journey from prospect to customer.
- Ensure payment and onsite delivery is of the highest standard.
- B2B marketing leader with 5+ years in marketing and team management.
- Proven experience of creating and delivering highly effective marketing strategy and tactical, engaging marketing plans.
- Experience growing and nurturing visitor/buyer communities.
- Practiced in managing and implementing all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Experience of developing customer insight and improving customer experience.
- Experience in budget management, with an analytical, data-driven and highly structured approach to decision-making.
- Proven track-record of nurturing and coaching teams for results.
- Experience in working with sector and trade associations, and other private sector partners.
- A forward-thinking individual with an expertise on community development and data management and emerging market experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment with strong personalities.
- Ability to manage workload based on the priorities of the portfolio.
- Results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics.
- Proven relationship skills - able to build and develop working relationships across the business to facilitate the accomplishment of goals, leverage learning and share best practice
- Experience in stakeholder (internal and external) management.
- Proven track record in setting and hitting targets and KPIs with weekly reporting on performance updates.
- Experience of working within the events industry or energy/mining sectors is desirable.
- Knowledge of event registration systems and process is desirable.
- Degree in business or marketing desirable.