The scrum master is responsible for facilitating the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and the retrospective meetings. You should be a friendly, communicative person, because when the team is moving fast in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together. With a huge focus on estimation and planning to ensure you create useful, reliable, and practical plans for software development projects. Whilst being a good coach in Agile practices so that you can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools. The main aim is to help the team to clarify the goals and actions on how to achieve them through the correct use of scrum processes. Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities are:
Role ObjectivesWhat we are looking for:
- Facilitate the team for better creativity and tries to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
- Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo, and decision-making processes to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Help product owners to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Organize and facilitate the sprint planning meeting.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the needs of the team.
- You should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ideally (but not essential) experience/ knowledge of DevOps, Drupal and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE/ CRM.
- Public sector experience, ideally within a local authority/ government perspective.