Octavia Zydel is currently supporting a VC backed Media Agency, searching for an Events Director who will take ownership of their Operational and Events Marketing function.This position is paying a base salary of £55-£60k for a 12mth fixed term contract as maternity cover for the current Events Director.
- Responsible for managing the Media Events Division which includes conferences, exhibitions, seminars and awards publications
- Delivering logistics and events strategy for roadshow and bespoke events
- Manage a team of 6-8 including logistics, marketing and production
- Responsibility for P&L across all events including budgeting and forecasting
- Identification of new revenue or events opportunities within relevant sectors including working with Business Development to maximise profitability
- Develop an ambitious model, liaising with sponsors to transfer involvements, sourcing suppliers to support in delivery of virtual events where still appropriate
- Through research, analysis, relationships and market intelligence develop strategies and initiatives to ensure the on-going growth and sustainability of events
- To produce a coherent brand strategy for the event to maintain and increase relevance to market, meeting both visitor and exhibitor expectations
- To provide a strategically thought through event floorplan in conjunction with the Sales Manager and Operations Manager
- A proactive professional who operates with professional integrity and passion for delivering a world-class service.
- Experience working in a target driven environment with experience of managing 30+ events each year
- Exhibitions experience would benefit this application
- Clear and conspicuous ability, with examples, of being an exceptional communicator and business/team focused professional given the different elements that make up the events team
We operate with a policy of replying to all applicants. If this is something that piques your interest, then please, submit your application and allow us to review. We will provide you with significantly more detail about the position and business, should your initial application be successful.