Strategy Director - Permanent
The Strategy Director will report directly into the Senior Strategy Partner. Responsibilities
- To support the Senior Strategy Partner in delivering against the full breadth of activities required of the team across client specific strategy work, new business, product development and network support.
- Delivering best in class strategic work, representing our approach and products, on specific client projects day to day and building enduring client relationships based on trust and a spirit of collaborative challenging from a base of deep consumer understanding.
- Support and actively contribute to strategy tasks as part of new business pitches depending on requirements.
- Living, breathing and contributing to our culture of curiosity, innovation and pride in our work.
- Involvement in the development and rollout of added value insight, strategy and measurement products.
- Involvement in the further development and strengthening of our planning process and 'Designing for People' approach for global clients; via product development and day to day client work.
- Network development: dissemination of best practice across markets and helping to lead the community of strategists across markets.
- Active involvement with other companies within the agency through generosity of thought and a willingness to learn from others
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategic work within the specified account cluster, including consumer journey planning, audience development, insight development, local and global planning
- Managing strategic project delivery with detail-oriented understanding of scope
- Productive partnership with Senior Strategy Partner and Strategy Partner
- Close, collaborative working relationship with the wider team across core accounts and functions
- A detailed, working knowledge of the tools and services available within the portfolio, including use of tools to deliver data driven insight
- Productive and integrated relationships with other teams / companies that contribute to work on core accounts within the client cluster.
- Personal contribution to development of our ways of working and product development, as outlined above.
- Deep understanding and point of view on industry trends, including tech, media, planning, global and local news and relevant client category trends
- Involvement in team, including marketing and cultural initiatives beyond day-to-day account and discipline responsibilities.
- Proven history of successful strategic planning work, either individually or as part of a wider strategy team
- History of comms planning, across Paid/Owned/Earned ecosystem
- Strong understanding of industry and proprietary tools, data application and technology
- Ability to generate professional client relationships and gain trust at the highest level
- High quality presentation skills, pitching and strategic selling skills
- Excellent strategic project management skills and ability to define project scope
- Highly collaborative, willing to work with other teams across countries and disciplines
- Willing to understand and work with teams involved in creative/content development, advanced analytics and wide functions
- Interest in innovation, new media and cultural advancements