Initially remote then Leeds based.About TransUnion:
TransUnion UK provides the data, analytics and software that enable businesses to build more valuable customer relationships.
We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses across every sector. We focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We're TransUnion and we believe in Information for GoodAbout the Role:
Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Provides both architectural leadership and direction in the development of our products. Leverages our architectural standards to determine the architecture, technology, and tools required to deliver our products
- Operates in an advisory role helping Product Development Engineers achieve architectural goals and system improvements on an ongoing basis. Assists and guide them in achieving high quality production deliveries
- Keeps abreast of technology standards, industry best practices and trends to ensure effective product development
- Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications.
- Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software/data needs meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Leads the design of products/solutions/software to meet stakeholder requirements
- Ensures architectural designs are implemented and governed in line with both best practice and internal development cycles
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood, captured and prioritised
- Provides architectural and design guidance to project teams, ensuring that the needs of the client are met.
- Supports the bid process for new business, acting as technical lead to produce responses to client tenders and advising on likely designs, scope, constraints and costs
- Actively promotes and champions best practice and principles within the business
- Where required, presents and explains technical and functional concepts to clients, ensuring technical details are fully understood by both technical and non-technical participants.
What's in it for you?
- Proven architecture and software development experience in a medium to large company
- Worked in an agile team
- Worked in a highly collaborative team
- Experience of architectural frameworks, tools, patterns and the production of associated artefacts to support the Software Development Lifecycle
- Hands-on Software Engineering background with knowledge of multiple technologies, development languages and practises e.g.
- .Net, Java, RDMS, Big Data Stacks
- SOA, Web Services, WSDL, Restful APIs and XML
- Patterns, Object Oriented, multi-tier, separation of concerns
- Experience of Agile Development Methodologies e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business.
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) a generous contributory pension scheme, private health care and a host of other employee lifestyle benefits.
We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; our TU Good Works scheme supports communities around the world by advancing financial inclusion and education.Remote Interview & Hiring Process
Protecting the health and wellness of our colleagues and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. Our recruitment and on-boarding experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and on-boarding experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion