• (Dialog Designer) will work on labelling clusters of sentences using internally developed workflows and tools. The analyst will need to learn the client's business by searching the web and come up with descriptive labels per cluster of sentences.
• Work with data from multiple clients across industries.
• Review clusters of sentences and use tools to create tags and to tag data.
• Focus for extended periods of time to achieve goals.
• Change tasks quickly as the project focus progresses - Meet productivity and quality goals
• Dialog designers may also be required to be the Point of Contact (POC) for specific projects. This involves project managing all deliverables for the given use cases, ensuring that other analysts on team are completing assigned work, and working with engineering / TechOps teams to surface technical issues.
• Additionally, Dialog Designers may be required to be a "buddy" for new analysts joining the team. New analysts will shadow buddies, and use buddies as a resource for questions.
Mandatory Skills / Experience / Education:
• Excellent verbal and written skills as well as comprehension - Demonstrated technical expertise - Strong work ethic; commitment to achieving project goals - Ability to work alone and on a team - Proactive involvement in improvement of policies and procedures - Involved logical thinking and decision making - Solution-orientated attitude - Problem-solving and analysis skills will be a must - Must be able to multi-task
• British English / Local resource preferred
• Data Tagging/ Annotation
• Linguistics background
• Experience with Contact Center Support/Help Desk
• Business Analyst
• (Any of the above + Experience working at Google is preferred