About the role:
This a fantastic time to join our business as we move through a period of significant change. To support us on our journey we are looking for an experienced Finance professional that will head up the Finance Team. In addition, you will also play a valuable role as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.Your responsibilities will include:
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- as a member of the Leadership Team you will be responsible for playing a key role in the collaborative decision-making process that will help the business evolve and improve
- responsible for preparing monthly management accounts and drafting annual statutory financial statements and reports in accordance with regulations and guidelines
- responsible for preparing the organisations 3 year revenue and capital business plans to achieve the organisations strategic plans
- responsible for leading and managing the Finance Team; to include training, development and performance management
- to prepare, develop and manage the organisations investment, cash flow and reserve policies to help support the strategic plans, maximise income and provide timely sources of funding
- to provide detailed financial appraisals of strategic initiatives and annual plans
- to ensure appropriate insurance policies are in place to meet all business needs and reduce risk to the organisation
- responsible for updating and maintaining the organisations Financial Regulations and budgetary control procedures
- responsible for internal auditing and ensuring companywide adherence to all external and internal financial controls and procedures
- responsible for the preparation and implementation of the annual Finance Functional Plan
- responsible for managing credit control, payment of creditors, invoicing and bookings
- to ensure the timely completion of financial and statistical return
- to manage and maintain the organisations financial management and information systems and structures
So what is it like working for us?
- experience of leading and managing a small finance team
- experience of working in the charitable sector
- experience of Sage Line50 Accounts package
- experience of working at Senior Management level
- competent Microsoft Office user with excellent Excel skills
- member of ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- professional accountancy body finalist or demonstrably qualified by experience
Working for us is more than just a job! We offer job satisfaction, the chance to be part of a fantastic team, and opportunities for advancement for those wishing to progress their career in the leisure industry.What can you expect if you join us?
You will have access to a wide range of benefits including free leisure centre membership to both of our Centres as we understand the importance of maintaining your health and wellbeing.
On a day to day basis you will find yourself working in a friendly environment, surrounded by supportive team members, in order to provide outstanding customer service to our members and customers.
We are committed to creating an environment in which people feel valued and respected; and where honesty, integrity and fairness is centric to all that we say and do.
If you would like to join the team and become part of the Horizon story, this may be the role for you!
Here at Horizon Leisure Centres we pride ourselves in being an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential. We welcome applications from a wide range of candidates.Next Steps
To apply for this position please click the 'Apply for this job' button and complete our application form or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an alternative method of application is necessary please speak to a member of the Human Resources Department by emailing email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 25th April