Any UK base
SC Clearance (Desirable)An overview of the role
As an Azure Data Architect you will get involved in a variety of projects, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative BI solution for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding to client bid responses.The role
Using your knowledge of the Microsoft data platform, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) paradigms, you will deliver exciting and ground breaking solutions to our end-clients. You will get the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of skills across the Microsoft Azure stack, including building and delivering OLTP and data warehouse workloads across traditional on-premises and cloud platformsWhy this role?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Build and deliver MSBI solutions across on-premises and cloud platforms
- Build relationships with client stakeholders to establish a high-level of MSBI expertise
- Work with clients, local teams and offshore resources to deliver modern BI products
- Work effectively on client sites, Capgemini offices and from home
- Assisting in Proof of Concepts
- Internally, you will help identify improved ways of working, contribute to the I&D practice and mentor juniors and be part of a knowledge management initiative.
- Broad range of development skills across the Microsoft stack e.g. SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services, Reporting Services (SSRS) from versions 2005 to 2016.
- Some experience with the Azure stack and Microsoft PaaS offerings - Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse plus orchestration products like Azure Data Factory and Enterprise Service Bus
- Familiarity with other cloud providers e.g. Amazon, Google
- Visualisation and data exploration tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, r, Python etc.
- Familiarity with modern developer methods and techniques eg Agile, DevOps, continuous integration, automated testing
While we're a global consultancy, we're made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs - written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/ Upskilling
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you're not sure you have all the skills you need, but you're still passionate about the role, please apply and we'll see if we can support you.Diversity
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.About Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.