Role: Customer Experience QA
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
About the Role
At Gamma, we are excited about the possibilities for innovation that are made possible by software development, and how we can enable our customers to communicate and collaborate in new and powerful ways. Software Development is therefore at the heart of Gamma strategy with several new key initiatives recently identified. You will be part of a cross functional team, which has end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of products that deliver against these key initiatives. You will join a team that comprises of developers, other testers/QAs, business analysts, product owners and UX specialists. As such you must be a strong team player who values a collaborative approach.
This role is predominately concerned with understanding and assuring the end-to-end customer experience for Gamma products, looking at everything a customer would hear, see and touch throughout the customer life cycle. The CX QA role will aim to understand not just the product, but all the services that a customer will consume (whether it be online or offline) throughout the customer journey and this will be verified by performing both functional and non-functional tests. Key activities will include:
· Responsibility for the validation of the customer experience against specification.
· Responsibility for the end to end quality assurance process for the customer experience.
· Responsibility for working with internal and external suppliers to ensure the quality of the delivered product.
· Hands on testing of the customer experience to ensure it meets specification
The key objective of the role is to optimise delivery effectiveness with improvements to build, test deployment, release and operations engineering ensuring high quality end to end customer experience. This will involve working with suppliers/development teams to thoroughly test new functionality and also identifying process / feature iterations that would add value to the customer experience. The role will embrace best practice QA enabling greater test coverage, more reliable deployments, working towards a smooth even flow of work from requirements to deployment.
Outside of the direct deployment phase, CX QA feedback will be collaboratively shared with the development squad in order to help prioritise our product and development roadmaps moving forward, whilst also helping to achieve key business goals such as driving growth, reducing operational costs, increasing retention rates and delivering a defined and high quality customer experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Software testing experience which should include a mixture of web and mobile application testing
· Experience of working with software development and engineering teams (ideally both in house and outsourced) to apply suitable acceptance and QA within the development cycle
· Experience in preparing test documentation, such as test scripts and test plans
· You will have experience of testing UX focused applications
· You will have a good understanding of the software development life cycle
· You'll have previous experience and be comfortable working with Agile processes and principles.
· You will have a naturally inquisitive testing approach
· You will be dynamic and achievement orientated
· You will possess great problem-solving skills
· You will have good oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to organise and present technical material in an easily understood manner
· You will be open & approachable
· You will have determination to reach an end goal and work through challenges
· You will have a proactive approach to your own personal development
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Implementing QA within the context of a CI/CD pipeline.
· Experience of working with software development collaboration tools, such as JIRA.
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive representation of the role and its duties. The job holder will be expected to undertake other duties as reasonably requested by their line manager.
Gamma is a leading supplier of voice, data and mobile products and services in the UK.
People are the lifeblood of our success. The people working for us are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That is because the ethos within our company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed, and hardworking.
In 2019 we were voted one of 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For' for the sixth time. We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
There are many good reasons to join Gamma. You will find we work in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality in everything we do. We strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and promote equality of opportunity in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Please note we only use recruitment agencies registered on our preferred suppliers list and as such, any speculative CV's received will not be considered