Events & Marketing Assistant Are you a self-motivated, highly organised person with some marketing experience and a passion for delivering great event experiences?
We are looking for a talented individual to help us deliver our community events programme, as we scale and look towards a series of exciting projects on the horizon.
This is a newly established role within the business, which will play a vital part in our organisational culture and ability to deliver great work moving forward. The main purpose of the role is to support the smooth delivery of our Silicon Brighton events programme; ensuring all aspects are fully supported, developed and facilitated. Alongside this, you will also be assisting our marketing team with the promotion of events and projects.
Due to the variety and calibre of our events, this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone that's looking to develop a successful career in the events and marketing industry.Responsibilities:Events:
- Identifying the stakeholder requirements and expectations for each event.
- Coordinating the smooth delivery of events, tracking deadlines and progress, to ensure everything's on-target to the agreed timescale.
- Liaising with speakers, vendors and stakeholders during the event planning process.
- Supporting each event on the day to ensure they run smoothly, including set-up, ticket registration, venue liaison (when live) and AV liaison (when virtual)
- Coordinating resources: such as speaker information, marketing assets, attendee lists, ticket information and venues (post lockdown!)
- Managing the event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes (online for the time being).
- Post event analysis and evaluation
- Assisting with researching topics, potential speakers, and venues
- Managing our online community events calendar, helping to raise its profile in the region.
- Negotiating and booking venues, equipment, suppliers etc.
- Welcoming speakers and event attendees
Skills & Experience:
- Write and edit content for different platforms such as social media, website, press releases and email.
- Assist the marketing team with the planning, implementing, and monitoring of marketing campaigns.
- Assist with the production of marketing posts.
- Contribute content and ideas to a monthly newsletter
- Take an active role across our marketing channels - primarily LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and MailChimp.
This is a busy and varied role, so our ideal candidate will be bright, energetic, and highly organised, possessing the following skills:
Bonus points for:
- Community relations - we believe that building strong relationships with our community of organisers, speakers, sponsors and delegates is essential to our future success
- Project management - with an ability to organise and prioritise a variety of tasks
- Strong written communication skills - accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Excellence in Microsoft Office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confidence at managing external suppliers - including designers, videographers and AV technicians
- Excellent time management - with the ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
- Emotional intelligence - able to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you
- A strong sense of team - we are a small team, so it's vital we all support one-another
- Digital media savvy - we're active across multiple channels, so you'll need to feel comfortable engaging our audience online.
- Familiarity with project management tools - we use Trello
- working knowledge of Zoom or other video communications platforms
- Familiarity with event booking software - we use Eventbrite and Meetup
- An interest in the local digital sector and emerging technology trends
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Photoshop
- Experience with MailChimp
How to apply: If this sounds like the job for you, and you would like to work in a fun, supportive environment that encourages creativity and entrepreneurial flair, then please apply by sending an up-to-date CV and tailored cover letter (max 2-pages) to: email@example.com .Equal Opportunities Statement:
Silicon Brighton is committed to equal opportunities in employment and every aspect of our company culture and our wider community; embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our community, without exception. We would welcome applicants from all walks of life and especially those from underrepresented groups.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. And we will take every possible step to ensure that no person suffers direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.About Silicon Brighton:
Driven by a shared belief that we can achieve more collectively than alone, Silicon Brighton is a new community initiative to support digital growth in the region. We work hand-in-hand with the local tech community to provide individuals with free opportunities for networking, training, upskilling and development; helping people to take their careers and businesses forward.
We offer an accessible platform to help individuals to connect and learn amongst peers, and we partner with like-minded event groups to help them raise their profiles and attract a wider audience.Location:
Home & BrightonRemuneration:
Up to £22k + bonus & benefits (pension, 25 days holiday, flexible working, subsidised gym and personal expenses)