A healthcare tech start-up backed by a duo of healthcare entrepreneurs is looking for a Lead Engineer/Head of Technology. You will come in as the first and principal technology hire with the objective to be hands-on from day one in designing and building the platform and then leading and managing the entire development initiative (including hiring a team) to build an intelligent medication management system. The goal of this platform will be to help patients take their medications and track medication compliance in real-time.
This is a start-up backed by a larger group and you will work closely with the founders, partnering with them not only on the technology build-out but also to help secure further investment and grants and supporting the founders in defining the product requirements and strategy in development.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an innovative healthcare start-up making a significant impact in people's lives and will give you the opportunity to lead the all the development projects, timelines and roadmaps.
You'll be an experienced software engineer who's able to manage and deliver the development of back-end processes as well as front-ends and will ideally have had experience of mentoring, managing and hiring a team of developers, preferably within a start-up environment.
Location - North West OR London
Salary - Competitive + equityKey Responsibilities
- Lead and actively manage the development projects, timelines & roadmaps
- Build and manage a team of developers
- Determine which activities to outsource, identity and interface with external contractors
- Evaluate, select & manage service providers, platforms and services.
- Support the founder team in defining the product requirements and strategy in development
- Experienced software engineer who is able to make extremely rapid technical decisions independently
- Prior experience building and / or managing an in-house medium sized development team
- Track record of strategic planning and execution
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), Jira, GIT, Confluence
- Experience using modern communication platforms such as Twillio.