Senior Python Developer
You will be supporting our client's journey to becoming the next generation supplier into Secure Government, Public Sector and Health. Not only will you grow with the business, but they will give you the tools and development to be successful, so that you can meet your career goals and ambitions.
Why Secure Government and Health
This portfolio of customers is diverse and cover work supporting UKs most important, meaningful and interesting projects, from working on Track & Trace in the NHS, Re-platforming large biometrics databases in the Home Office to Digitising the MoD.
What you will be doing, what you'll learn;
A unique Software Engineering opportunity to work on Large Scale Public Sector programmes with an innovative market leader. You will join a diverse and talented development team with the opportunity to collaborate on building innovative solutions for our customers. You'll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering modern digital solutions. No doubt the work you will do will make impacts on the UK most critical projects.
The skills we are seeking
· Technical Skills should include the following: Engineering software solutions - working with prototypes and proof of concepts and developing fully functioning applications based on languages in Python.
· Producing rich front-end UI and efficient services with technologies like React, Angular and Vue.
· The automation of environmental and application deployment, scaling, and management using Kubernetes, Terraform, both in the cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) or on-premise.
· Availability and capacity management. You can manage the service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets. (Relevant skill level: working)
· Development process optimisation. You can identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions. (Relevant skill level: working)
· Information security. You understand information security, and can design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as a core part of the solutions and services. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· Modern standards approach. You can use a modern standards approach competently and guide others in so doing. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· Programming and build (software engineering). You can collaborate with others when necessary to review specifications. You can use these agreed specifications to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· Prototyping. You see prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. You establish design patterns and iterate them. You know a variety of methods of prototyping and can choose the most appropriate ones. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· Service support. You can identify, locate and fix faults. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· Systems design. You can design systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact, and business or technical complexity. You can select appropriate design standards, methods and tools, and ensure they are applied effectively. You know how to review the systems designs of others to ensure the selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· Systems integration. You can define the integration build. You can coordinate build activities across systems and can undertake and support integration testing activities. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)
· User focus. You can collaborate with user researchers and sell or represent users internally. You can explain the difference between user needs and the desires of the user. You can champion user research to focus on all users. You know how to prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story, guiding others in doing so. You can offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used. (Relevant skill level: practitioner)