An exciting opportunity has become available for a Retail Supervisor to join York Against Cancer and support the Retail Manager within all aspects of the business. As you will be working between two retail outlets, one at York Hospital and one in Huntington, access and use to your own car is essential.
The working hours for this position are 25 hours per week and will involve some weekend working.
Duties of the role:
· Day to day running of retail outlets - York Hospital and Huntington
· Merchandising stock
· Stock control
· Providing excellent customer service
· Managing deliveries
· Supporting the volunteer team
We are looking to receive applications from people who have the following skills and experience:
· Excellent communication skills
· Previous customer service experience
· Previous experience within a retail environment
· Cash handling experience
· Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise
· Flexibility towards the working pattern - some weekend work will be expected
· Driving license and use of your own vehicle
If you have previous experience of working with a charitable organisation this would be advantageous however, it is not essential.
Benefits of working for us:
· Permanent position
· National living wage - £8.72 to £8.91 depending on age.
· Private health insurance (after 1 year of service)
· Company pension
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful, on this occasion.