We have a great opportunity for a part or fully qualified management accountant to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract, based in Basingstoke (with some home working during Covid restrictions).
You will be responsible for the production of the monthly cost reporting of overheads for the Group, controlling and reconciling specified ledger balances, whilst ensuring correct allocation of costs.
You will also be responsible for payroll for 200+ employees, working with HR and our third party payroll provider to ensure the correct payroll data is processed monthly.
This role will also hold responsibility over one direct report.
You will have a passion for results and delivery, great attention to detail and proven previous experience in a similar role, with experience in dealing with employee payrolls.
You will ideally be part or fully qualified (AAT is desirable).
Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly payroll review, identifying all Payroll queries, making corrections and preparing payroll reports for final sign off.
- Review & post to books all invoices, expenses & credit cards as prepared by accounts payable team.
- Produce the aged creditors reconciliation, review & distribute to interested parties.
- Review & post month end journals (prepayments, accruals, lease costs, payroll, fixed assets, cashbook)
- Review balance sheet reconciliations & update balance sheet master control schedule by 10th working day of the following month.
- Analyze P&L monthly, providing commentary for staff costs, month vs month variances, cost centre breakdown, budget variances and payroll analysis. Identifying and process any relevant adjustments as required.
- Review and maintain the capitalisation of tangibles and intangibles, liaising with IT to ensure correct allocation of internal staff costs and external supplier invoices, whilst identifying dates when costs have finalised and capitalization should take place.
- Attend and input into the monthly cost review meetings with CFO & budget holders, providing cost centre reports and payroll analysis as required.
- Assist with interim and year-end & audit queries
- Life assurance
- Reward and recognition scheme and long service awards
- Season ticket loans
- Perkbox benefits and discounts
- Health and well-being programme