is growing! We're looking for a Senior Rails Engineer
to join our team. You'll work closely with our Product, Pipeline, and Frontend teams to help build our customer-facing core API. Our stability monitoring dashboard helps many of the industry's leading engineering teams around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. Our team is growing, and we're taking on bold challenges every day! We'd love to see what we can do next with your help.About Us
Bugsnag is the trusted software stability "command center" for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. We process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower our customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features and when to fix bugs. Founded in 2013 by James Smith and Simon Maynard, Bugsnag is backed by leading investors Matrix Partners, Benchmark Capital, and GV.What You'll Get To Do
Your Background Likely Includes Experience With
- Build the core Bugsnag API that powers our dashboard and helps developers all over the world be more efficient at what they do
- Collaborate with other software engineers to deliver well-tested, performant features
- Use what you build to improve what you build - we use Bugsnag ourselves every day!
- Work with a modern Rails stack in a service oriented architecture - we use Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, RabbitMQ, and ElasticSearch, to name a few
- Thoughtfully and constructively review work from others on the team
Bonus Points For
- Ruby on Rails or a similar MVC framework
- Designing, building, and using RESTful APIs
- Integrating with billing platforms and services
- Taking ownership of all stages of a project from architecture/design through implementation to delivery
- Monitoring and improving performance of software applications (Rails or similar)
- Using multiple datastores (we use MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch)
- Design and delivery of significant software features, products, etc.
- Strong communication skills that reduce the inherent ambiguity in fast moving environments
- Going the extra mile to make other developers more efficient
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC
- Experience designing and maintaining real-time APIs
- Being active in the technical community
At Bugsnag we believe that employing individuals with diverse experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.