Ambassador Network Coordinator, Oracle for StartupsIC2 levelUK-based positionReporting to Ambassador Manager/Lead
Oracle for Startups, the company's program to support entrepreneurs and innovators across the globe, is seeking an Ambassador Network Coordinator to support a busy global team. The Ambassador Network is a volunteer group of Oracle employees made up of a wide range of internal stakeholders, representing more than 200 employees across 45 countries. The Ambassador team is responsible for facilitating and managing the Ambassador network. Our team functions like a startup within Oracle, moving quickly and expecting high quality results in the mutual best interests of our brand, our customers, and startups.
The Ambassador Network works across local ecosystems all around the world, to spread the message of the Oracle for Startups program, to recruit new startups, and help them in their journey with Oracle.
This is a great position for anyone looking for a dynamic day-to-day working environment, with plenty of new challenges. Each day in this role may look different from the last as we work with new startups, support new events, and strategize new deliverables, while maintaining focus on our core brand attributes and goals. This role is an opportunity to learn the workings of a busy global communications team, with a focus on a volunteer-based employee/Ambassador program.Your primary objectives and responsibilities will be:
Core skills required:
- Assist with the wide breadth of projects that our team creates, manages and distributes
- Work with the Ambassador Lead to manage processes and deliverables across different time zones
- Assist with creative projects including writing and editing content for blogs and social
- Offer scheduling and delivery support across the Ambassador Network, as well as with external partners
- Use a wide range of digital tools and social media and, be open to exploring and adopting new platforms including Wrike, Confluence, and more
- Support events and partnerships with a diverse range of colleagues
Who are you?
- Excellent written and communication skills and should share our commitment to openness, transparency and execution
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels of the organization, as well as external partners
- Impeccable organizational skills as well as the ability to remain flexible
- Attention to detail and ability to synthesize information concisely
- Bias towards action, team player, and problem-solver
- Ability to work across UK and US time-zones with cross-functional teams
What's important to us:
- You will have an unshakable positive and creative attitude to solving problems with the ability to think outside the box and ask questions to help improve the way we operate
- You are able to manage your time efficiently and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You are open-minded and eager to learn and build new skills
- You will be execution-focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines
- You are detail-orientated with an understanding that the little things matter
- You are flexible and comfortable to adjust, shape and change as the program evolves
- Culture Matters: We will build great teams who embrace a common vision, principles, work ethic, and commitment to results. We will value different perspectives, learn from each other, and do hard things. Great people do great things.
- Resist Passivity: We will always have a bias for action when innovating, communicating, and executing. Prioritize actions and results.
- Always Be Scrappy: Just like the startups we serve, we need to take risks with minimal resources. This will keep us efficient, nimble and more likely position us for success. Operate like a startup inside of Oracle.
- Cloud Adoption Centric: When we evaluate our activities, initiatives and plans, we will always prioritize Oracle Cloud adoption and usage for our community of customers and partners. Do what we do and do it well.
- Metrics Driven: When possible (and it almost always is), we will measure our outcomes and seek to understand the levers to success. Test assumptions and measure the right things. Follow the data.
- Planetary Scale: The world generates hundreds of thousands of new businesses every year. We need to keep an eye on scaling our customer base on a planetary scale through capturing firms in highly automated and efficient fashion. Go big.
Our team is flexible, fun, and committed to getting stuff done. If that sounds like you, please apply to join us.