Mark Roberts Motion Control is looking for an inquisitive and experienced Firmware Engineer. You will be involved in development cycles for our existing products as well as New Product development.
Our products involve the control of motors, interfaces for controlling motion sensing, analogue amplifiers and general GPIO / Sensor interfacing. You will be involved in development cycles for our existing products as well as new product development. You will see your projects through every step of the way.
A successful candidate will be working alongside the existing multidiscipline R&D team but should also be comfortable working on their own.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Strong programming skills in C within small to medium size microprocessor systems (ARM STM32 and/or DSP and/or Microchip MCU)
• Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
• Able to write and review software design documents which describe the software architecture, implementation and interactions within the various subsystem
• Experience working with CAN, SPI, UART, I2C and USB communication protocols
• Experience with sensor integration over I2C, SPI, etc
• Experience in implementation of TCP/IP network protocols and typical network operation practices
• Foundation knowledge of analogue and digital circuits, and ability to interpret schematics and device datasheets
• Enthusiasm for continuous learning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Jira and BitbucketSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BEng Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Other relevant subject areas considered.
Professional Skills REQUIRED:
- At least 4 years of proven experience in solving complex Firmware problems
- Experience of release management and coding effectively within a team
- Experience with using hardware tools to aid firmware debugging (Protocol sniffers, Oscilloscope)
- Proven 'End to End' experience of the New Product Development cycle (NPD)
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Able to review and write clear product design documents which describe the complete product in detail
Professional Skills ADVANTAGEOUS:
- Experience working with TCP-IP, UDP, CAN, SPI, UART, I2C and USB communication protocols
- Experience with sensor integration over I2C, SPI, etc
- Experience in VHDL and Intel/Altera FPGA design
- Experience of designing products for successful volume manufacture (DFM, DFT)
THE COMPANY - MARK ROBERTS MOTION CONTROL
- Attention to detail
- Prioritising and Organisational Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
We are a robotics company doing some serious hardware and software engineering. By robots we mean 6+ axis robotic arms, large multi axis rigs and 2-3 Axis camera platforms. Our products are used globally in Broadcast studios, Stadiums, Movie Sets and Photography studios to capture motion and stills.
MRMC has been at the front of its field for over 50 years. Starting off from a family business, we are currently a medium sized business thriving and growing bigger every year. MRMC is a Nikon Group Company.WHAT WE OFFER
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
−training and development opportunities
−ample and secure parking
MRMC receives a large number of applications and we are not always able to provide individual feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within 15 working days from the date you have applied, it means the application didn't meet minimum requirements to go onto the next stage of recruitment.
We value your time and interest in MRMC and encourage you to re-apply if your circumstances change or you find another role with us that is more suitable to your skills and experience.
By submitting your application/CV online you are confirming you have read and accept the above and you are giving your consent to MRMC to process your personal and sensitive personal data for the purposes explained above.