Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website or join us on twitter @strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading 3PL in the UK and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a Lead Engineer at their automated Distribution Centre in Gloucestershire. Reporting into the General Manager on a Monday to Friday rotational shift basis (0600hrs-1400hrs / 1400hrs - 2200hrs), as Lead Engineer you will take the lead and work with the engineering team and operations to provide a total comprehensive engineering service to operations.
Please note: This role is based in a frozen automated Distribution Centre that operates at -25°C.
Key Duties as Lead Engineer:
* Day to day lead of the department and the team.
* Resource management of the local engineering team.
* Proactive and reactive maintenance control, covering storage and retrieval cranes, conveyors.
* Incident control - evaluate, plan and deliver a solution to issues
* Management of maintenance control systems.
* Contractors and RAMS control.
* Undertake planned and scheduled preventative maintenance on all equipment and machinery in operations. Taking corrective measures to eliminate all risks and hazardous situations.
* Respond to faults and breakdowns in a timely manner ensuring minimum disruption to operations
Ideal Candidate as Lead Engineer:
* From a multi-skilled Engineering background in production / distribution
* Electrical and Mechanical experience
* Experience of working with automation, including Cranes, Conveyors and PLCs (Siemens S70
* Flexible approach to working (1 in 3 weekends on call)
* Comfortable with working at heights and within a Frozen facility
Apply now for immediate consideration to join one of the UK's best distribution stories.