ELECTRONIC PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
JOB PURPOSE To work for leading company in interactive and immersive environments as an Electronics Product Design Engineer, you will provide versatile electronic embedded control system design resource to enable new products to be developed that meet the required specification including cost, within the agreed timescale and project costs
1. To design from brief through to implementation - inventive, innovative, manageable and cost-effective solutions in environmental control equipment i.e. for lighting, lighting effects, incorporating movement sensors and wireless switches. Detailed understanding and development of microcontroller/microprocessor based circuits and working knowledge of electronics manufacturing.
2. Review product requirements; create technical specifications as well as system testing requirements.
3. Design knowledge of electronics including Analogue & Digital components, design & test, optimise skills and methodology.
4. Update and maintain detailed schematics for internally sourced products in a manufacturing environment.
5. Perform component obsolescence analysis for product longevity
6. Support detailed circuit analysis, tolerance analysis, FMEA and manufacturing test plans for the circuits for customer products.
7. Work closely with product and design teams for certifications like CE etc.
8. Prepare and present project milestones at design reviews and ensure good design and documentation practices are followed and include risk mitigation strategies
9. Ability to communicate concepts, unit and system level hardware design, design validation test results and progress of projects to core team and leadership.
10. Work closely with other functional groups including manufacturing, product technical support, product and the management team.
11. Ensure project goals are achieved - safety, quality, schedule, cost, etc.
12. To assemble physical prototypes of designs at the premises in the East Midlands.
13. To create bills of materials and work with additional data and documentation as required.
14. To become a key member in the New Product Development environment.
15. Work with suppliers and contract manufacturers to co-ordinate project activities.
16. Ongoing product technical support for customers, and designed to feed product continuous improvement processes.
1. Design products to meet marketing brief, to budget and on time.
2. Products will meet required standards and approvals.
3. Follow company development process and procedures.
4. Create and maintain required documentation through to completion.
5. Ensure designs meet life cycle and manufacturability requirements.
· Degree qualified in an Electronic Engineering related subject & proven product design training and experience.
· 3 years industry experience in the area of embedded systems and hardware development
· Experience with PCB layout tools & design of circuits containing embedded processors
· Proven experience in C/C++ and other appropriate languages for embedded systems. Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation
· Experience with manufacturing techniques and design for manufacturing concepts
· Experience in handover and management of designs in production.
· Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
· Able to support/debug system integration
· Demonstrated evidence of good written and verbal communication skills facilitating reviews and customer interactions
· Experience in Electronic Controls design
· Experience in Design for EMI/EMC & Testing
· Support and perform software debugging.
· An appreciation of RF electronics
· Strong technical systems background is desirable