IT Infrastructure and Systems Administrator
An exciting opportunity for an IT Infrastructure and Systems Administrator to join a small team in a leading Global Logistics and Customs Classification software provider. The company provides and hosts supply chain digitisation solutions as a service offering to their varied and growing customer base.
A position is available for a strong candidate with experience of working in the role of Systems Administrator or a Desktop/Server Support team, to principally provide support for the company's IT infrastructure and remote workforce. The successful candidate must hold a Full UK driver license as there will be occasional travel to remote workers and company sites such as head office and datacentres.
As a member of our team your role will be varied from desktop support issues, responding to alerts generated from our monitoring tools, to installing or replacing hardware at our datacentres.
You will develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of our hosting platform which consists of:
* 3 site locations connected via site-to-site VPNs, home-office VPNs, multiple firewalls and VOIP phone system
* Self-hosted Windows Server 2012r2 and 2016 physical and virtual web, database and file servers
* Hyper-V 2012r2 and 2016 hypervisor servers for virtual machines
* Near real-time replication of production environment to disaster recovery site
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Corporate services including Windows Domain, Active Directory and Office 365
* Enterprise-class hardware hosted at our datacentres
Central to the role will be taking a proactive approach to existing systems, developing an in-depth understanding of all aspects of our infrastructure, updating, and improving documentation where appropriate and then using this knowledge to help drive system improvements.
You will be comfortable taking on tasks and working independently, utilising the help and support on offer from our experienced team.
Essential Skills / Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* Technically competent with a broad range of technical skills
* Worked as a Systems Administrator or within a similar technical team
* Experience with Hyper-V or VMWare
* In-depth knowledge of Windows within a Domain environment (Configuration and troubleshooting)
The following attributes are considered highly advantageous:
* Configuring and troubleshooting networking equipment such as switches and firewalls
* Experience with corporate services such as Active Directory and Office 365
* Using and configuring enterprise system monitoring tools such as Zabbix
* Microsoft SQL Server administration
* Scripting and automation in PowerShell
* Demonstrable experience of working on projects