Reports to: Quality Manager/Head of Quality
Job purpose: To support the work of the Quality Unit. Duties will include validation processes, managing the established quality systems and servicing of major committees.
Key responsibilities (including but not limited to)
* Overseeing and undertaking committee support for a range of internal and external meetings and events.
* Effectively managing a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities as set out in the workload plan.
* Responding within agreed timescales and refer on when limits of own expertise are reached.
* Maintaining a register of academic policies incorporating a review cycle. Initiating and contributing to the review, drafting and development of academic policies in accordance with the review cycle.
* Making a significant contribution to review and enhancement of the School's quality assurance processes which will include independent information gathering from internal and external sources, preparation of reports and input to quality enhancement projects as may be established from time to time.
* Arranging, attending and taking meeting minutes, taking responsibility for the timely circulation of papers.
* Organising a range of training events, meetings and conferences, involving internal and external contacts.
You are also expected to:
* Observe the clocking system of the School
* Give good notice of any absence (on the day of absence to call at the School's Reception and inform about his/her absenteeism not later than 8:30am);
* Keep up to date with developments of the job area. Participate in training activities both in School and at external locations in respect of Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
* Adhere to general standards of conduct embodied in School policies and procedures (e.g. health and safety, equality and diversity, etc.);
* Work flexibly and efficiently, maintain the highest professional standards and promote and implement the policies of the School;
* All members of staff are expected to manage and develop their role and responsibilities so as to focus on improving the School services to student and other clients. The individual should represent and positively market the School at any appropriate opportunity.
* The School's values have been developed by the staff in the School and are intended to shape, develop and embed the kind of culture we all want to work within. These values are supported by behavioural statements and you are expected to practice these behaviours at all times and to contribute to their development throughout all parts of the School's operations, services and sites.
* All staff is expected to maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of information in their work at all times.
* Travel to other sites of the School
The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
* Degree or relevant professional qualification at graduate level
* Experience of quality assurance and enhancement in a Higher Education establishment.
* Excellent presentation skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
* Knowledge of developments in the higher education sector including compliance issues
* Knowledge of accreditation/validation systems and practices
* Proficient with computer software programs including Microsoft Office
* Ability to learn quickly
* Excellent communication and time management skills
* Ability to work under pressure, manage a complex and varied workload, prioritise personal work schedules and work with minimum supervision
* Ability to deal sensitively with confidential issues
* Team working
Job Type: Full-time