Role - COMPLAINTS HANDLER (SENIOR) upto £28k + Benefits
* PERMANENT ROLE
* SECURE SECTOR
* UPTO £28k + BENEFITS
Our client is a leader in their field and due to continued growth is looking for an experienced Complaints HANDLER (Senior) that can manage customer complaints from end to end and resolve to the satisfaction (where possible) of their customers. Advantageous if you have come from a regulatory background. This role is responsible for handling day to day issues and workload to assist the Complaints team leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Handle inbound and outbound telephone calls into the complaints team. This will include calls from customers as well as regulatory bodies including the Financial Ombudsman Service.
* Manage individual workload of complaints ensuring work is completed, responding to complaints within the internal service level and within regulatory timescales.
* Ensure new complaints are recorded accurately on the relevant systems, including contact information and necessary actions.
* Make correct, informed decisions about whether a complaint is justified or unjustified and what action should be taken, taking a commercial view where necessary.
* Ensure any offer of settlement or redress is fully supported with documentary evidence.
* Ensure all correspondence and telephone contact is clear, concise, and accurate.
* Treat customers with respect, showing empathy and understanding. Always adhere to the principles of 'Treating Customers Fairly'.
* Assist with the preparation and production of Management Information relating to complaint handling
* Demonstrate ability to identify Vulnerable Customers and deal with them appropriately.
* Provide effective ongoing communication to the team, department and the business
* Root Cause analysis should be reviewed regularly to ensure our processes do not create any barriers along the customer journey.
Skills and Experience
* Knowledge and understanding of the following regulatory bodies and their respective guidance: Financial Conduct Authority - in particular ICOB, ICOBS,MCD, CONC and the Complaints Dispute Resolution Rules (DISP); Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS); Finance and Leasing Association (FLA); Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
* Knowledge and good understanding of relevant legislation: Consumer Rights Act 2015; Consumer Credit Act 1974; Data Protection Act; Consumer Credit Directive
* Knowledge: Desirable: Knowledge of common vehicle issues; Knowledge of hire purchase agreements; Knowledge of the Specialist Motor Finance Ltd business including the customer journey and all related processes.
* Fully computer literate
* Analytical and logical approach.
* Excellent telephony skills.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Working under pressure, often to tight deadlines.
* Problem solving skills.
* Able to identify Vulnerable Customers and establish fair outcomes for customers in vulnerable circumstances.
* To work on own initiative
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please upload your CV in the first instance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,000.00 per year