Cloud Sales Specialist
Responsible for selling complex technical products and/or services. This would typically be a limited number of the company's products, typically a technology or those that are strategic in nature. Typically specializes in a single product or product line, and carries an overlay quota. Generally not account-assigned; called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned sales account managers to close sale. May manage and coordinate the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the company's products. May also be called on as a technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and close complex technical sales. This is a field sales position where extensive travel to the customer's location is regularly expected and key to the performance of the role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Partners with sales account managers, pre-sales consultants, Partner Sales staff, and professional services colleagues in the expansion of sales within existing and/or new accounts, while building relationships with key decision makers.
* Navigates a complex, enterprise sales environment to understand customer needs and promote/develop competitive business propositions for their specialist area of the company's product portfolio.
* Uses account planning and management skills to address customer needs timely and with competitive solutions.
* Follow up on leads generated by business development, inside sales, marketing and partners and qualify the funnel of opportunities, as well as create new pipeline via prospecting efforts.
* Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc).
* Accountable for accurate forecasting and regular quarterly revenue delivery for specialist product area.
* Communicates company news/product updates to existing customers and prospects
* Identifies and defines use cases for Snow's products.
* Coordinates through initial launch of use cases on Snow platforms.
* Effectively address Client satisfaction and issues until resolved. This will include coordinating internal resources that interact with each Client.
* Manage the onboarding process for new select Informatica Clients.
* At this level, incumbents will have expert-level knowledge of selling the company's products and services, with particular expertise of their specialization.
* Assigned opportunities/engagements are typically larger and of the most complex nature, where attributed expected revenue retirement would be higher than lesser-scoped sales specialist roles.
* Incumbents routinely sell-to and interact with executive-level customer decision makers, to include up to CXO levels.
Knowledge & Skills
* Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer's decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
* Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
* Complete, "big-picture" understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
* Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
* Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
* Fully functional knowledge of hybrid cloud including data centre virtualization (e.g. VMware vSphere), common IT automation tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet), ITSM service desks (e.g. ServiceNow), and public cloud concepts spanning Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP.
* BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
* Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience