COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Thermoforming Maintenance Technician - 12 HR Continental Shifts: 3 Days on / 3 Days off / 3 Nights on
Our Client is a well-established Global Manufacturing Business and world leader in their field.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician with demonstrable experience of maintaining Thermoforming Machines and associated/ancillary equipment (Primarily on a Day Shift Basis). You will be seeking a rewarding and challenging career move within a respected company and a secure sector (essential business designation during the pandemic). The role may offer development/progression opportunities for the right candidate.
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician looking for a rewarding and challenging career move within a secure sector (essential business designation during the pandemic).
Working on a 12 Hour Continental Shift basis: 3 Days on / 3 Days off / 3 Nights on , with a highly professional and established team of Maintenance Technicians, the successful candidate will be possess experience of maintaining Thermoforming Machines and associated/ancillary Equipment.
You will be responsible for carrying out mechanically biased preventative and reactive maintenance on a range of plastics manufacturing related machinery and ancillary equipment, with Thermoforming Machines being the primary responsibility. Other mechanical and electrical maintenance responsibilities will revolve around Granulators, Chillers, Compressors, Vacuum Pumps, and Extraction Systems, and will utilise Knowledge of Electronic Systems, including Servos. The ability to fault finding and rectify on PLCs would be advantageous.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Planned preventative and reactive maintenance, primarily of Thermoforming Machines, as well as associated ancillary equipment, including Chillers; Compressors; Vacuum Pumps and Granulators and Extraction Systems.
* Fault finding and rectification of PLCs
* Mechanical fault finding and rectification
* Installation of Machinery and plant
* Adhering to planned maintenance system and maintaining accurate records
* Maintaining a high level of general housekeeping
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Preferably qualified to HND/HNC or similar in Engineering/Time served/apprenticed)
* Demonstrable experience of working with/maintaining Thermoforming Machines is essential
* Demonstrable experience of maintaining Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic systems
* Ability to work unsupervised under own initiative
* Able to work effectively to deadlines
Desirable, but NOT essential:
* Experience of maintaining extrusion machines and other Plastics related machinery and ancillary equipment.
* Experience of PLC fault finding and rectification (preferably Siemens S7)
* PLC fault finding and rectification on Fanuc; Mitsubishi or Omron controllers
Details of Package:
Salary Up to £38,000 PA (12 hour Continental Shifts - 7 to 7): Three Days on Three Days off then Three Nights on