We have a new vacancy for a keen and hungry engineer who wants to make their mark with a market specialist in the Fire Protection industry, who are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their growing maintenance team
This company is working within specialist industry sectors providing a unique and comprehensive fire protection solution to their customers. They have a very specific customer base, with unique challenges, therefore you must be passionate about learning new skills, tackling new challenges, and welcoming new and cross-training opportunities.
This company is a people and solutions-oriented company with aspirations to provide exceptional employment and personal development opportunities for enterprising people who put the customer at the heart of everything they do. They recognize and reward efforts and achievements and aims to provide a professional and supporting work environment whilst encouraging its team to do their best.
The role will be field based with most works taking place within 100 miles from Bridgwater. However, works can be anywhere in the country, so a willingness to travel and stay away if required, is essential.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, quietly determined person, willing to put in the hard yards, with an appetite to learn and a desire to be part of a great and growing team.Main role aspects:
- The role involves carrying out routine maintenance and repairs to Fire Alarms, Emergency Lighting, including fault finding and emergency call outs.
- To produce defects and condition reports of customers' systems and equipment to enable the Operations Team to accurately price and plan remedial and repair works.
- To provide informal advice to customers to ensure opportunities to improve fire safety are not missed, and that the basic principles of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems are understood.
- Accurately recording all activities on company software system including capturing photos and updating asset registers.
The ideal candidate has:
- Full UK driving license
- Good understanding of electrics and electronics, including at least 1 UK-recognized certification relating to electrics or electronics
- Confident personality with excellent communication skills, willingness to learn and professional
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional time and task management, ability to manage own workload and cope under pressure
- Experience working in another sector e.g. lift engineers, HVAC, medical hoists or related area, interested in this sector.
- 4 years' experience servicing and fault finding on Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting
- Good working knowledge of BS5839 and BS5266
- At least UK-recognized training certificate relating to Fire Detection and Alarm systems