Our business partner has gone through a tough period of streamlining and has invested heavily in its CAPEX projects over the previous year. They are renowned for the manufacture of quality products for the construction sector and are gaining momentum in their vertical to win a majority in the UK. From a humble beginning the site turnover is in excess of 30M and they employ a work force of 350 personnel.
·You will be working autonomously on shifts but will be reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader,
·Maintain and install all plant & machinery in line with company requirements,
·React quickly, diagnose & repair any mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment,
·Carry out our planned preventative maintenance schedule on the full range of equipment within the site,
·Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good, safe working & clean condition,
·Interrogate PLC equipment such as Allen Bradley & Siemens,
·Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task being performed in a timely and accurate manner,
·Ensure that you are aware of the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and that you always adhere to them,
·Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency,
·Cross departmental communication with related associates,
·Complete Maintenance work orders, use of a CMMS system, Agility or similar,
·Able to work efficiently, without supervision.
· Previous experience of FMCG processes or fast paced processes.
· Time served Mechanical Engineer - minimum three years' experience.
· Able to fault find on PLC's, siemens S7, S10 or TIA.
· Team player - excellent communication skills.
· Flexible approach to problem solving - can do attitude.
· Computer literate with a preference to running Planned Preventative Maintenance software.
· Experience in implementing standard operating procedures.
· Good knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques and health & safety.
· A systematic approach to problem-solving.
·Time served indentured apprenticeship or equivalent,
·17th/18th IET wiring regulations,
·Relevant qualifications in electrical discipline,
·Proven manufacturing maintenance environment,
·Full UK driving license