We are looking for an experienced, committed and pro-active Sakaya Manager to join our exciting Sakaya Bottle Shop, London's newest specialist Japanese Whisky and Sake Boutique and Drinking Space. We are looking for exceptional customer service, alongside in-depth brand expertise and a passion for the products we have on offer, their unique histories and development.
- Developing good customer relations through outstanding customer care.
- Working closely with the General Manager and Directors to meet the vision and targets of the bottle shop.
- Develop new ideas which could help with the development and sales of the store.
- Ensure that the bottle shop image aligns with the business standards Great product knowledge and continuous development of new products and trends
- Knowledge of up to date influences i.e. product rarity, distillery and brewery developments, industry trends.
- Being involved in a diverse and dynamic team adhering to the company policies and procedures.
- Assisting in making sure colleagues are fully trained on all aspects of alcohol retail and statutory/legal requirements.
- Driving business growth through the development of innovative ideas and creative solutions.
- Dealing with customer issues calmly and diplomatically.
- Maintain workplace safety and provide a healthy and safe working environment for our people and customers.
- Inspiring and exciting your audience - employees and customers alike, with impeccable customer service.
- Occasionally hosting beverage masters classes
- Regularly reviewing and monitoring security measures for cash and inventory control.
- Support the achievements of business goals and strategic projects, keeping in constant connection with all functions.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Retail / Bottleshop experience over 4 years within the premium alcohol retail industry is an advantage, however, customer-facing roles in the on-trade alcohol sector are also highly regarded.
- Strong knowledge of spirits and beverage production required
- Passion for Japanese Sake and Whisky
- Excellent and professional customer service skills.
- Strong in retail training and team development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well under pressure and in a busy environment.
- Highly organised and adaptable, methodical in approach from implementation to follow through.
- Charismatic, with energy that displays confidence and authority.
- Hardworking, self-motivated and dedicated to the position.
- Powerful leading skills.
- Well-presented at all times.
- Excellent leadership skill with a 'can do' attitude.
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/92253255