Network Engineering Consultant6-month ContractRemote / DocklandsUp to £550 per day (inside IR35)
On behalf of a Leading financial services organisation, I am seeking a highly experienced Network Engineering Consultant with an extensive background in Data Centre networking technologies, such as ACI, strong WAN and LAN technologies and the technology that drives cloud architecture. Responsibilities:
Experience / Skills required:
- The role is predominantly project focused with design and implementation at the forefront and should include authoring and/or maintaining governance documentation such as High Level Designs and Technical Appraisals whilst writing and maintaining internal documentation, such as low level design, technical implementation and verification plans.
- The role is very much 'hands on' so whilst the candidate will have a strong technical knowledge around the design, they will also need to be able to implement this or direct others to implement, remotely via a WebEx. The ability to use Visio for network schematics is essential. This role will form part of team who are subject matter experts in fields such as Storage, Windows, VMWare and Citrix.
- Assist in the development of the overall strategy and architecture definition for the internal technology infrastructure, remote access and collaboration tools.
- Design technical infrastructure solutions that meet service delivery needs and provisions for the future needs of the business based on IT Strategy. This should include all governance and non-governance design and support documentation.
- Research and undertake vendor and product reviews.
- Provide last line support for solutions delivered by the engineering function in line with existing IT service management processes. Act as an escalation point, for the managed service, for problems pertaining to network technology and with a view to re-engineering.
- Build proof of concept within a lab environment and then rollout into production.
- Successfully transition the support of new network technologies to support partners.
- Maintain familiarity with business continuity procedures and take part in 'Controlled' and 'Uncontrolled' disaster failover testing. This is in conjunction with the Engineering and support teams.
- Full understanding of Cisco ASA and FirePOWER FTD and operate CSM and FMC to push firewall rules where required.
- Assist in the annual Network Audit.
- Participate in the development of performance and capacity requirements.
- Participate in the transformation of documentation. This is to assist in building a set of 'best practice' documents in relation to Network Security.
- Previous experience in a Network Consultant / Architecture capacity ideally within a financial services environment.
- Solid understanding of Data Centre networking technologies, such as ACI, strong WAN and LAN technologies and the technology that drives cloud architecture.
- This requires extensive knowledge in this field with the ability to make decisions and drive through from initial concept to full deployment.
- This will include collaboration with other teams, such as architecture and security and third parties.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92252431