Are you an experienced IT Business Analyst looking for an opportunity to work with innovative technologies and drive change in the way education is delivered for the future? Why choose us?
The University of Westminster was established over 175 years ago and has developed into one of the UKs leading Universities, fostering innovation and creativity inspired by research and informed by practice. Now is an exciting time to join us on our journey, as we embed digital at the heart of everything we do. With a £40m investment over the next 5 years, we are looking to grow our dynamic and innovative technology team.
The University supports around 18,000 Students and staff based across our sites in the heart of London. We offer a comprehensive range of IT and Digital Services. Our landscape, like that of many organisations, is changing, with increased need to deliver education remotely. We are looking to invest in emerging and innovative technologies that will create a hybrid digital experience for our students and staff today and for the future.The role
Working as an IT Business Analyst you will be helping drive a range of digital and technology projects to encourage new ways of working and improve our student and staff experience. We are looking for a passionate Business Analyst who will work across the full project lifecycle, to map existing and future state processes; and elicit, analyse and document detailed requirements, to support the implementation of fit for purpose solutions and exploit new technologies across the University.
As part of our ongoing transformation your role will be key in successfully embedding change that will enable the team to drive the delivery of improved digital and online services, that will enhance new ways of working and a more efficient delivery model of our future services.Your Profile
- Experience of business analysis in a complex technology environment working across the full project lifecycle from requirements elicitation and analysis, business process mapping through to transitioning solutions in to a live environment.
- Experience of using a variety of methodologies and techniques including agile and waterfall, across the full project delivery lifecycle, from conception to completion.
- Demonstrable experience of using business analysis tools and techniques including workshop facilitation, functional and non-functional requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Experience of building and maintaining collaborative relationships across organisational boundaries and stakeholder groups including internal and external partners to enable the smooth delivery of projects.
As an employer of choice, the University of Westminster offers an extensive benefits package including:
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to be adaptable and flexible and able to adjust to new situations and environments
- You will have excellent oral and written communication skills, with a logical and pragmatic approach to tasks
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to create and maintain documentation to high quality standards, including scoping documents, discovery timelines, process maps, requirement logs, GAP analysis documentation and test plans.
Closing date: Friday 9th AprilVideo interviews will be held remotely for this role on Friday 16th AprilFor more detailed information, please contact Amanda Whicher or Hannah GrovesVisit our dedicated recruitment website to find out why you should join the University of Westminster
- Competitive salary of £47,593 - £51,519 dependent upon experience
- 35 days annual leave plus Christmas closure days, public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
- Professional and personal development and training opportunities
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92255338