Lloyd's is the world's leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Yet the world is changing, and Lloyd's is changing too - nimbler, faster, and able to offer customers and employees more products, services and insights supported by technology, innovation and the continuing desire to protect people, businesses and communities. Lloyd's is where you can bring your future to life.
Technology will drive business value for Lloyd's of London and its customers by delivering effective and efficient IT services that embrace innovation for competitive advantage, whilst leveraging its global scope to standardise and integrate platforms and secure the highest value from strategic partnership through optimal sourcing.
To work as a part of cross-functional, self-organising team which will build DevOps solutions plus analyse and identify process and automation improvements within our software development lifecycle.
- Assist/support/contribute and provide thought leadership in developing standardised, automated build processes across Lloyd's project outputs.
- Take a hands-on development and automation role on products; designing, coding, testing and implementing new functionality and supporting existing services, embracing a continuous delivery mind-set.
- Specialist knowledge of provisioning of environments via an automated method either on premise or in the cloud
- Guidance and strategy for product teams on automation of software builds and releases
- Evaluation of DevOps tooling and guidance for product teams and the business in architecture, standards and principles for adoption.
- Provide consultancy to the product teams in IT and project teams in the business on database and application automation strategy to improve the service offering and optimise load times.
- Strategic implementation of monitoring solutions for application and infrastructure performance inclusive of metric reporting and escalation of alerts
- Working with developers to provide standards around builds and release pipelines to allow for continuous software delivery practices to be established
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for improving the release of engineering infrastructure through tool implementation, applying industry best practices, and streamlining processes.
- Managing the Configuration of environments, to allow for automation of environment deployments
- Substantive problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking, challenge the status quo and drive beneficial process improvements
- Ability to facilitate workshops and effective solution identification
- Deploying SQL database/Azure Data Factory using Azure DevOps pipelines
- Branching and merging strategies within Azure DevOps/Git
- Experience with using Infrastructure-as-code technologies to deploy compute in Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to negotiate, agree and then manage the scope of activities
- An ability to architect, define, defend, and drive technical infrastructure and application decisions and initiatives
- Good understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation and its application
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Customer-centric approach to delivering appropriate business solutions
- Application lifecycle management and project delivery, using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Azure DevOps
- Microsoft sql server deployments
- DevSecOps concepts, e.g. Continuous integration, automated testing, infrastructure-as-code, container deployments, cloud technologies
- Windows Server
- Powershell scripting language knowledge
- Working with cloud platforms and cloud automation tools (e.g. Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Azure ARM templates)
- Powershell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Working with software containers (e.g. Docker) and continuous integration tools
- Performance monitoring of underlying infrastructure and application technologies
- Working as part of a collaborative, self-organising agile team
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Technology environment
- Broad knowledge of technology infrastructure that Lloyd's has implemented to underpin its application development.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92251192