Senior Software Engineer required with strong Java / Core Java skills and proven full stack development so with some skills in UI / UX or Front End or desktop UI development combined with backend Java development skills, and ideally experience of serverless or micro services frameworks is required by fast growing life sciences who are building a medical device and cloud centric platform for life science research in the area of synthetic biology.
Key skills as a Java Software Engineer would include
- Strong Java experience with strong understanding of Java / Core Java
- Familiarity with modern application frameworks such as (SpringBoot, Micronaut, Serverless etc)
- Ideally experience of AWS / Cloud
- Demonstrable curiosity and ability to work across the stack with a mix of languages and tools
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles and some Frontend or Desktop UI Development (experience of Java FX would be useful)
- Working knowledge of Linux / Unix
- Knowledge of continuous delivery / continuous integration / Test Driven Development
- Evidence of driving successful delivery in large or complex software projects
Desirable skills as a Senior Software Engineer would include
- Knowledge of Python and/or C/C++ language
- Experience working with Computer Vision, knowledge of OpenCV framework
- A real interest of experience of working in life sciences or medical devices
- Experience of algorithms and maths modelling
- Strong academic background in Computer Science or a scientific degree
This is an outstanding chance to join a fast growing start up working on a green field project at the forefront of biotech / medical devices and you working in Agile teams alongside and the scientists and engineers.
The role will be based on the Cambridge Science Park and will be primarily based in the office alongside the scientific teams.
Opus Resourcing are a boutique IT employment Agency who are relied on by a number of world leading technology companies and brands to assist resource their contract and permanent positions.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92254672