Microservice/Spring Boot Architect - Permanent - London - Cognizant Technology Solutions
Within Cognizant's Enterprise Application Services Horizontal, Integrated Process Management (IPM) is one of the World's largest Integration Middleware and Process Management groups.
With significant experience gained over a decade of delivering large-scale, complex, cutting-edge solutions for Integration & Process Management across industries, we use the most appropriate tools and techniques covering
- Digital Integration (SMAC Integration, API Management, IoT Integration)
- Intelligence & Insights (BAM, Complex Event Processing, BRMS, Real-Time Analytics)
- Business Process Management (BPMS, BPA)
- Enterprise Integration (ESB, EAI, SOA)
- Partner Management (B2B, MFT)
Our service offerings are equipped with new-generation solutions, frameworks and methodologies powered by industry best practices & extensive knowledge repositories, all of which help Cognizant deliver unique value to our clients.
Microservice/Spring Boot Architect, with a strong application development background to architect application migrations and development on Spring Boot platform. Able to work with customer and provide best-fit solutions and able to guide team technically in delivering those solutions. Should have had strong implementation experience in API, Application integration, Security mechanism and cloud platform/hosting experience.
Skills and experience
- Overall 15+ experience in IT and over 8+ experience in Java/Spring boot.
- Hands on project experience in building microservices using Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud(optional).
- Experience in determining the appropriate design patterns for the problem.
- Experience in decomposing functionality into microservices using domain driven design.
- Knowledge of microservice patterns and principles like the 12+ factor app, choreography, orchestration, event driven architecture.
- Knowledge of microservice governance processes
- Experience monitoring microservices
- Experience in securing microservices - (OAuth, mTLS, kerberos, etc) .
- Experience on a cloud based platform (AWS/GCP/Azure) for deploying microservices
- Must be able to build a CI/CD pipeline in any CI/CD tool. (eg Jenkins)
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (eg Docker) and container orchestration (eg Kubernetes).
- Experience in using a messaging system (eq: JMS based systems, Kafka).
- Experience in defining configuration approaches microservices in multiple environments (eq: Spring Cloud Config, Consul, etc)
- Experience in using a RDBMS.
- Knowledge of a No SQL database.
- Ability to develop a system solution architecture based on customer's requirement.
- Ability to define the monitoring processes based on the non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of different processes SDLC processes including experience on an agile process
- Experience in full life-cycle development with hands on delivery of large integrations
- Identify and Implement the automation opportunities that benefits clients
- Strong Communication and inter-personal skill
Roles & Responsibilities
- Attend/Host Workshops : Work with Client SME/Business/ Architect for integration scope/design/requirementuirement
- Architect/design solution: Work on Integration Architecture and Governance
- Work closely on estimation and program plan with program manager
- Provide solution guidelines to all Integration Projects
- Work closely with Integration team -onshore/offshore- provide overview of solution and review design/code/deployment
- Contribute to generating design/development standards for integration services
- Work actively on rolling out integration and related testing tools
- Ensure all projects are aligned to organization development standards
- Involve in continous improvement and innvotion in integration area.
- Microservice service design principles
- Integration patterns specially REST and Event driven design patterns
- Spring Boot and Camel
- Unit/integration testing with Mocha, Rest Assured, Spring CDC
- BPMN modelling and Activiti BPM
- Axon CQRS Framework
- Spring Cloud services
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Splunk logging and KPI dashboard
- Dynatrace for monitoring
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Sonar for code quality
- Checkmarks for code vulnerability
- 42C for API security
- Cucumber for test automation
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92250107