Applications Support Analyst (Contractor)
Applications Support Analyst (Contractor)
Developed Vetting (DV)
Keeping the United Kingdom safe is a complex task. The threats we face are ever evolving. Our Customer Service Centre have an extensive secure network to support National Police IT. With the growing threat to National Security, we need to expand this network - and that means supporting our dedicated team. It's your chance to take on an exciting contract role and play your part in supporting UK policing. As an Applications Support Analyst (Contractor), you will assist in supporting business-critical systems that are vital to our work in an ITIL-aligned environment. This role also comes with a very competitive day rate.
Thanks to fast-evolving technology, new applications are being developed for policing all the time. Your task will be to help support this growing area by tackling applications-related issues as well as making sure that when new applications or updates are rolled out, this is done seamlessly with minimal impact to live services. Day-to-day, you will work with colleagues in maintaining the Applications portfolio to ensure integrity of data and the availability of the Applications. You will also be an escalation point for all applications-related incidents and responsible for managing them through to resolution.
We want you to take the initiative when it comes to good working practices and processes. So you'll need experience of applications support and ideally, knowledge of ITIL aligned working environments. With this expertise, you will feel confident taking responsibility for outstanding faults, completing service requests and liaising with users as well as your technical colleagues. While an understanding of Microsoft services and technologies is essential (MS Server, IIS, MS-SQL), you should be just as adept with people and be able to explain technical issues simply and be able to form good working relationships. If you can combine customer service experience with strong IT literacy, we can offer you an exciting contract role in a supportive team.
This role requires a flexible working approach and you may, on rare occasions be required travel to sites around the UK. There may also be occasions where work is required outside of core business hours for maintenance work on critical systems.
Main duties include:
· Working as part of a second line support function following incident management through to incident resolution. Natural problem solving with ability to apply previous experience to new problems working towards route cause analysis.
· Working within a service team monitoring components such as web servers, applications servers, log files, disk space and MS-SQL databases.
· A point of escalation for all Application related issues within the Applications and Data Team.
· Working with third party suppliers, stakeholders and departmental ICT teams to assist in delivering patch/releases of applications.
· Maintaining middleware such as; IIS and MS-SQL Server including troubleshooting, performance tuning, basic querying and resolving bottlenecks.
· Daily support of COTS and WEB based software applications with an emphasis on the ability to problem solve.
· Strong customer focus - understanding the needs of the internal and external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
· Understanding of ITIL processes, incident management, change management and problem management including working to strict SLAs.
· Ability to understand business logic, technical tools and be an analytic thinker.
· An understanding of application backup, restores and the Application Disaster Recovery (DR) processes.
· Previous experience of Incident and Service Request Resolution using Service Management Tools.
· Broad understanding of Application hosting and related technologies including: MS-SQL, IIS, MS Server.
· Previous experience of working in a 2nd Line Application Support role.
· Previous experience of working in a busy 2nd Line Application Support role.
· ITIL v3 or v4 - Foundation Certification
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92249948