Senior Database Administrator - Maternity Cover
Salary: £35,745 - £39,880
Closing Date: 12/04/2021
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
Milton Keynes Council has an exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator to join the ICT Team to cover maternity leave. We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and energetic individual, happy to work alone or as part of a small team. Reporting to the Principal Database Administrator you will help implement, support and maintain some of Milton Keynes Council's core back office databases, using a mixture of Oracle and SQL Server. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues in the rest of the ICT department. This role is interesting and varied, providing 2nd line technical support as well as working on the delivery of new projects. The position offers flexible working hours, with working from home an option, a laptop will also be provided. Part time considered for the right candidate.Key Duties
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Monitoring and benchmarking database performance with tools provided.
- Responsible for database backup, maintenance and recovery plans.
- Involved in testing database recovery procedures.
- Feed into an ongoing review of database administration standards and documentation to ensure that industry best practices are being followed.
- Install configure then apply upgrades and patches to the underlying database technologies.
- Liaising with customers, application suppliers and maintenance providers.
- Experience of Windows server technologies
- Linux based OS experience is desirable
- Experience as a DBA with either SQL Server or Oracle, preferably both.
- Exposure to both on-premise and cloud hosted Database technologies is desirable.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Analytical approach problem solving using appropriate resources
- Ability to work on your own initiative, sometimes under pressure
- Attention to detail, particularly regarding record keeping, documentation and good organisational skills.
- The position offers flexible working hours, with working from home an option, a laptop will also be provided. Part time considered for the right candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92250853