6 month contract via Umbrella
Remote working or Edinburgh
The Defect Manager - is responsible for defining and implementing the defect management strategy for the bank. They are responsible for all defects across the Bank portfolio of projects. They must ensure that they are raised correctly and managed through to conclusion demonstrating traceability .They must embed common practice and processes across all testing work streams. They must be able to work with multiple defect management tools and produce automated Management information to a high standard. They must liaise with suppliers and ensure that all defects accepted from Bank phases of testing are correctly raised within Jira, Mastercraft alternative tools as required.
Candidates must demonstrate having a track record of organising and tracking the progress of defects across multiple projects across the full software development lifecycle. They must be able to interact with project managers, test managers, test engineers and their supporting teams. They will have experience communicating with management on topics including project timelines, budgets, and resource allocation. What you need to do
Professional / Technical Expertise
- Define and deliver the defect management strategy for the bank
- Defining and deliver an appropriate defect reporting capability across all tools
- Manage the raising, reporting and closure of all Bank defects
- Oversee the raising, reporting and closure of all third party defects that impact the entry criteria into phases of testing managed by Bank.
- Manage administration across all defect management tools
- Manage hygiene across all defect management tools and projects - ensuring that all defects are raised in the same manner, they are checked and updated daily and are being closed down within the correct SLA's. The correct route caused is being used and corrected when required
- Work with project and test managers to understand the requirements of each project and agree the approach to defect management.
- Work with test managers to understand the pipeline projects and the level of resourcing required
- Escalate any lack of resources or gaps in knowledge to head of testing
- Escalate any improper use of defect management tools to head of testing
- Escalate consistent no attendance at defect meetings to head of testing
- Carry out line management duties , including performance management
- Mentor and train defect analysts and members of the business who need to support the defect management process.
- Chair defect management meetings and product supporting documentation/ reports
- Management of Defects across a large portfolio
- Experience of working with a wide variety of defect management tools
- Experience in VBA Code creation and manipulation of current code
- Experience in Java code creation and manipulation of current code
- Ability to create automated management information and change to support stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrates competence in all key areas of management and leadership - communication, motivation/delegation, financial planning and control, quality management, risk analysis and delivery.
- Performs a broad and challenging variety of work, some unpredictable and non-routine, which requires the creative application of a range of technical and/or managerial principles.
- Well-connected within the change delivery community, closely following trends with the ability to assess them
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92343261