Technical Service Delivery ManagerHome Based Remote WorkingCirc £45,000 - £55,000 + Good Bens
Our client is looking to recruit for a newly created position of Technical Service Delivery Manager. The position is a home based remote working role with occasional visits to sites based in various locations across the UK. This is not any ordinary Service Delivery Management position but an exciting opportunity to join a young entrepreneurial business currently in a phase of rapid growth and expansion. This is a make it happen role, a role requiring a hungry and driven individual with a strong combination of technical, commercial and service delivery skills. As a member of a small technology function in a young business, this role will suit someone with previous experience working with start-ups or fast-growing SME's used to a varied remit in a fast-paced environment. This Technical Service Delivery Manager is customer facing role with a unique 50/50 split in responsibilities.
50% of the time will be spent working with the technology team to deliver savings and sales revenue targets for the IT function. You will support pre-sales activities by attending client meetings to capture and discuss technical requirements and ensure company products and services are understood. The technology services portfolio offered by our client includes on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, IP telephony and applications such as Office 365.
For the other 50% of your time, you will work to establish and implement service management solutions, processes and documentation that is aligned to best-practice ITIL governance standards. You will act as a key escalation and contact for incidents and changes, perform service and contract reviews, and manage delivery to time, quality, cost and performance.
To be considered for the post, you would be expected to meet most if not all the following profile and background requirements;
- A solid technical understanding of Desktop and Network Infrastructure i.e. WAN, LAN, Cloud (AWS, Azure, PBX, Meraki) and Office 365.
- Solid and demonstrable experience delivering ambitious sales targets in a customer facing environment.
- Previous responsibility for all aspects of service delivery, ensuring procedures and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Credible knowledge of ITSM and tooling on best practice, process and structure, and demonstrable continuous improvement.
- Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Proven track record of delivery.
- Excellent problem-solving, judgment and decision making.
- Experience working in a Service Provider, ISP/MSP or Telco or in similar roles that balance customer and commercial requirements.
- Experience working directly with customers and supporting Sales / Account Management teams through the bid process.
In return, our client is expecting to offer a salary in the region of £45,000 to £55,000 plus a generous benefits package. For further information please send your CV to Wayne Hawthorne at Vadis People Services Ltd. Vadis operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92344661