Why is this role key to our business?
BRE operates on annual revenues of £50m, secured through the provision of a complete range of advisory, testing, certification, commissioned research, digital products and training services, covering all aspects of the built environment and associated industries. Globally active, with approximately 550 employees, it has a physical presence in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and China and Innovation Parks (where we showcase the outputs of our innovative industry and academic collaborations) in the UK and China.
The role reports to the Business Systems Manager and is responsible for working with; Business stakeholders, Business System Analysts, Senior Data Analyst and 3rd party consultants to map and deploy requirements for 'systems' into configured and tested functionality that efficiently and effectively meets BRE's changing business needs. The role is focused on driving 'value' from investments in corporate systems, by ensuring data can be efficiently captured by our systems, business processes are streamlined, standardised, systems integrate where needed and high-quality management information can be produced to provide the 'outputs' required by managers. Increasingly BRE are moving to SaaS 'cloud' solutions to meet their business system's needs.
The role will document requirements for systems, map out business processes and work with colleagues and consultants to configure systems to meet the needs of the business. The role will also be involved in the specification and execution of 'testing' scenarios to help ensure that changes to systems, and new systems, are 'fit for purpose' prior to go-live.
The role will additionally work alongside staff responsible for designing BRE's Customer facing 'Digital Products & Services' to ensure 'touch-points' with internal systems are effective, efficient and that integration is seamless and information integrity is assured across these business processes.Salary Range
Up to £45,000City
Professional Business ServicesClosing Date
916 How will I add value in this role?
What do I need in order to deliver this role?
- Put the Customer at the centre of all that IT do to build and maintain relationships with business representatives to ensure appropriate and agreed services are delivered.
- Create and agree 'standardised' methods for capturing system requirements, mapping business processes, planning and executing testing activities and prioritising systems changes, so that a 'minimum viable product (MVP)' approach can be taken to introduce new systems and change existing systems.
- Implement and champion the development of standard approaches to requirement gathering & business process re-design, solution design, integration and testing to improve the speed and frequency of system changes.
- Help develop the skills and competencies within the Business Systems Team and across BRE so that system adoption accelerates.
- Keeps pace with; technology, business analysis and change management methodology developments, to continually improve BRE Business Systems.
- Leverage their personal network and other resources to remain up to date with changes in the Business Systems marketplace (in line with known requirements).
- Work with internal customers to define and implement roadmaps for BRE's Business Systems, taking into account BRE's commercial priorities so that new features and functionality can be proactively deployed.
- Actively contribute to the introduction of changes to Business Systems in a controlled way help to ensure that agreed changes are delivered on-plan and benefits are realised.
- Using in-depth knowledge of system capabilities and features, help develop Business Systems strategies that provides BRE staff with the correct tools for their role, leading to optimised solutions that are intuitive to use, secure and provide quality management information.
- Utilise their attention to detail to ensure system changes are 'output' focused as well as optimised to data input, so that reporting requirements are delivered along with data capture processes.
- Support the PMO function by providing 'internal' consultancy to Business leaders and helping to ensure new IT Systems are specified accurately prior to procurement, and so that 'touch-points' with other business systems are identified up front, so that integration work can be planned.
- Keep up to date with new features of the corporate applications, helping the business to gain advantage and improve operational efficiencies.
- Determine the necessary changes to application and database configurations to meet changing business requirements, working with contracted 3rd party specialist and business colleagues.
- Work to an agreed 'release' plan and also complete emergency changes, ensuring any risks to the business operation are minimised.
- Provide on-going maintenance and support of applications and manage the resolution of incidents raised, including liaising with users to introduce fixes and changes, with minimum risk to the business operation.
- Provide technical evaluation, configuration, implementation and support for specific tasks and projects.
Great to also have: (desirable skills & experience)
- Extensive experience designing and re-engineering business processes to fit with commercial off the software products (COTS).
- Experience of at least 2 of the following SaaS system implementations; CRM, finance, HR, Laboratory Management systems or Power BI within a similar sized organisation.
- Extensive experience of defining the creation of management information based on COTS solutions.
- Ability to visualise and communicate system requirements and business process changes to different levels within the organisation.
- Strong collaboration skills across both internal (IT) and external stakeholders (BRE Business and 3rd parties) to establish new ways of working to significantly improve BRE 'internal' business systems.
- Customer focused, understanding what the senior leadership team require and ensuring business systems continuously improve to deliver their changing needs.
- Have a keen interest in technology and systems design.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including the use of tools such as Visio for documenting business processes and systems designs and MS Project for helping to create project plan and deliver against them.
- Experience of working within an organisation that holds a cyber security certification.
- Experience of supporting systems that support business activities within a laboratory setting.
- IT related degree or equivalent.
This job description is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92248541