iOS Developer (Swift)Based
You love making engaging, beautiful interfaces and writing great, maintainable code. You love music, and you're inspired by easy-to-use, award-winning music creation software. You're friendly and enjoy working in a small group. YOUR ROLE
You'll be developing software and adding features to existing apps across the Ampify brand. You'll be involved in the software creation process right from the start, so your opinions and ideas will be central to the development of new functionality. You'll spend a great deal of time thinking about how to improve our interfaces to get the best possible user experience.
You'll work very closely with other developers on the team to create beautiful and engaging user interfaces, iterating and learning quickly in response to user feedback. You'll be writing clear, high-performance and maintainable code that will be peer-reviewed and continuously tested. YOUR TASKS
- Develop engaging and beautiful interfaces
- Translate user stories into functionality
- Write excellent, maintainable code, and take part in code reviews
- Discuss design and implementation details with the rest of the team
- You are a graduate in computer science, engineering or related field
- You can empathise with users to improve functionality
- You get on well in a small team, working closely and communicating clearly with others
- You have proven success in increasing user engagement
- You make music or have experience with music software
- You dream of making amazing software, and have something to show already
- You have excellent knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
- You have extensive experience creating fluid interfaces with UIKit
- You are comfortable writing tests, pair programming, and reviewing code
- You have practiced test-driven development and continuous integration/deployment
- You are familiar with a scripting language such as bash, node, ruby or python
- You have experience using git
- You have worked on products that focus on social interactions (game, streaming, community etc.)
Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity. We want to create opportunities for everyone to enjoy making music, from musicians trying to capture their unique sound, to the professionals delivering the greatest shows on earth. The Focusrite Group has an illustrious history with four Queen's Awards for Enterprise among a host of other accolades. We comprise six successful and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Martin Audio, ADAM Audio, Novation and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning over four decades, our brands continue to shape the music-making world.
Focusrite leads that world in audio interfacing technology - more musicians record through Focusrite than any other brand. The Focusrite Pro team are focussed on the complex needs of the audio professional for whom sound is not just a passion, but a way of life. Martin Audio have been uniting audiences for almost five decades with their awe-inspiring touring and installation loudspeaker systems. Based in Berlin,?ADAM Audio?are precision innovators in the field of professional monitoring and loudspeaker technology, made famous by their unique ART ribbon tweeter. Novation?is obsessed with helping electronic music makers find new ways to produce and perform new music. Born out of that team and based in Tileyard, King's Cross, London, Ampify?Music make innovative music-making apps that are highly accessible, yet extendable and deep.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in, and that's not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means remaining open to new ideas. We enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture, where we can all contribute and everyone is heard as we grow and develop, both as individuals and as a team. We encourage innovation and fresh-thinking and are passionate about the inspirational solutions we create. Behind our success is a tightly knitted, like-minded family of music and audio lovers. We're always pulling together to try and make a difference; our frequent appearance in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For' is testament to this.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people to apply regardless of religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity. We recognise the diversity shortcomings of our industry and are committed to driving change. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.Benefits
include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92245503