About the role:
We are seeking to recruit an excellent ESOL Lecturer (hourly paid) who is qualified and available to:
• Deliver classroom teaching for adult ESOL and ESOL 16-18 learners on a range of courses from Entry level to Level 1 in ESOL.
• Carry out related duties, which include marking and preparation, curriculum development, course administration, individual tutorials and tracking of learner progress.
• Address the particular and diverse needs among ESOL learners in Further Education and living in London.
• Teach both day and evening sessions at any of the College's five main Centres.
• Possession of appropriate minimum Level 7 ESOL subject specific teaching qualification e.g. DTELLS, PGCE ESOL
• Knowledge of the courses/curriculum relevant to the post, and of recent curriculum and pedagogic developments affecting them.
• Excellent communication skills for addressing the individual needs of both school leavers and adults returning to education and for being an effective member within a dedicated, collaborative team.
• Be flexible to meet the demands and responsibilities of being a personal tutor with an appreciation for systems for monitoring progress towards higher levels of study and employment.
We are the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About Westminster Kingsway College:
Westminster Kingsway College is a further education college in central London with centres in Camden and Westminster. It offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses for 16-18 year olds and adult learners, such as A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Foundation Degrees, Access to Higher Education, employability training and short courses. It also offers bespoke training for employers and specialist programmes delivered in conjunction with the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy.
Westminster Kingsway is an award-winning provider of hospitality and culinary arts courses. For over a century it has been at the forefront of culinary arts education in the UK, providing UK restaurants with highly-skilled chefs, front-of-house staff and management. The college can count among its alumni Jamie Oliver, Ainsley Harriot and Selin Kiazim.
Closing date: Tuesday 13th April 2021.
Interview date: TBC
Strictly no agencies.