Backend Engineer | Hammersmith, London
A Backend Engineer at GetGround works on projects such as financial infrastructure, robust systems for high value transactions and company management. We primarily use Golang, deployed on Google Cloud. We care about thoughtful, tested, documented code that delivers excellence to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a product with significant market fit as it scales exponentially. Beyond strong traditional technical skills, we're huge fans of clean design thinking and architecting, as well as communication and an ability to learn and adapt.
The role comes with immense scope for growth and impact in a zero-ego, zero-BS environment. We're building a world class team that works together to solve hard problems that will enable us to achieve our mission to make assets more transparent, trustworthy and accessible. What you will do
The experience you will have
- Working in a cross functional, collaborative team, you will participate in the entire application lifecycle, from architecting to development, testing and review
- You will design and write clean documentation
- You will work closely with product to design functionality
- You will collaborate with Frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- You will provide training and support to internal teams. We believe in constant learning and growing - everybody learns from each other
- You will build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Solid familiarity with several programming languages such as (in order of desirability) Golang, C++, Rust, ES6, Python, Java
- A passion for good design and architecture, including in the context of large-scale web applications
- Outstanding level of curiosity and the ability to learn what's required to get the job done
- Systematic problem solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
- A passion for good documentation
- Experience with database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis...)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud or AWS. Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Good communication skills, team player and comfortable working with cross functional teams
- A desire to build large-scale technology that can change the world for the better
Hello, we are GetGround. We have been in stealth mode building amazing products to disrupt a marketplace. We are building a new global network for trading assets, starting with residential property. We have just secured Series A funding and are on a significant growth trajectory that has the confidence of QED, Mosaic as well as several prestigious private investors.
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
If you are working somewhere where you don't feel recognised, developed, rewarded or included, your next home could be GetGround. Join us!Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
GetGround encourages applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are focussed on and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law. GetGround benefits
- Competitive salary + excellent stock options
- Competitive health, dental benefits
- Various discounts/benefits via Perks at Work
- Cooked breakfast on Fridays from a local restaurant when we are in the office
- 20 days PTO + 1 day off per month as a mental health day
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development