We're changing how people think about health and care. We have passion for new ideas that are changing the world by the minute. Cerner has been improving health care IT for more than 30 years. We strive to deliver value in all we do, and support organizations to deliver the quadruple aim of healthcare. Our technology supports health care systems, hospitals, GPs and community services to be the best they can be and to deliver connected, safe care.
At Cerner we are working at the intersection of health and technology. We create software solutions to support clinicians and healthcare professionals in hospitals and healthcare organisations worldwide, and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join an exciting and dynamic International Consulting team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for writing and configuring code for new and upgraded solutions in accordance with our client's technical specifications. As a member of the team, you will make enhancements to existing software with minimal direction, participate in code reviews and identify moderate issues/deviations from best practices, collaborate on component level technical designs, own and assist others in debugging and documenting root cause analysis and resolution. You will also identify process improvements at the team level to support operations and the development ecosystem.
If you're out to change the world in ways that matter, we want to hear from you. As a Cerner Associate you will be joining an inclusive, diverse, social and innovative workplace that has a strong emphasis on developing talent and promotion from within. You will be rewarded for you hard work with a competitive salary and a host of additional benefits including generous insurance and pension plans, flexible working conditions, season ticket loan scheme, active lifestyle reimbursements and cycle to work programs.Qualifications Basic Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of software engineering work experience
- Experience with Cerner Command Language (CCL) or PL/SQL
- Good understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems (SAML SSO, OAuth , OpenID)
- Proficient knowledge of a backend programming language (Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with common server and database technologies (Linux, MySQL, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Industry experience in either medical software development or another high-risk industry is a plus
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations