Location - Europe Role purpose
The Partner Excellence team is located in Market Development and is responsible for launching a Colt-wide Partner Programme and its successful delivery.
As a Partner Selection Manager, your role is to select the right partners for creating value for Colt. You will drive a structured selection process which consists of 4 major steps:
- Define the SMART goal of a partnership requirement coming for different areas of Colt's org by business consultative approach. This will lead to a list of criteria a partner has to comply with.
- Conduct a market research to determine a list of potential partners.
- Drive an assessment of partners amongst stakeholders by utilizing a partner selection tool to find the ideal partner.
- Propose a selected partner to the Partner Panel for a final decision.
Role specific requirementsSkills & Experience
- Establish the Partner Programme within Colt's DNA and position Colt as the preferred partner to work with
- Act as a Single-Point-of-Contact for "Partner requests" within Colt
- Translate the "partner request" into a well-defined Opportunity Statement and SMART goal
- Initiate a Market /Partner research to compile a long-list of potential partners
- Define an ideal partner profile and corresponding evaluation criteria
- Orchestrate the assessment of partners to gain a short list
- Prepare a decision proposal for the Partner Panel
- Define the key requirements of a Partner Selection Tool 1.0 and drive its evolution to 2.0
- Integrate Partner Selection process into Colt's Business Function's processes
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Reporting the progress of the activities at regular intervals
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with a consultative based sales approach
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling of activities
- Commercial awareness and insights
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to align and convince senior roles
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate differentiated value propositions and complex concepts, to cross functional audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Proven team player with good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to influence & motivate cross-functional teams both virtually and directly
- Proven ability to deliver work in a timely manner whilst under pressure within a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Willingness to travel - primarily in Western Europe, but also typically to the US for Partner events
- Bring energy and passion to the role
- Entrepreneurial mindset with no fear of being hands on
- Social connector
- Good PowerPoint skills is a plus
- Sense of urgency to drive success
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent organizational and priority-setting skills
Colt provides high bandwidth services for enterprises and wholesale customers in Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs. Colt enables the digital transformation of businesses through its intelligent, purpose-built, cloud-integrated network, known as the Colt IQ Network. It connects over 900 data centres around the globe, with over 29,000 on-net buildings and growing. Colt is also recognised as an innovator and pioneer in software defined networks (SDN) and network function virtualisation (NFV).
Colt has built its reputation on putting its customers first, with a focus on delivering true local presence and agility for enterprises that are global yet need local attention. Customers include data intensive organisations spanning over 200 connected cities in nearly 30 countries. Colt counts 19 of the top 25 global telecoms companies and 18 out of the top 25 global media companies (Forbes 2000 list, 2016) amongst its customers. In addition, Colt works with over 50 exchange venues and 13 European central banks.
Privately owned, Colt is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net.